Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Arizona Not Immune to Land Grab

A VERY important issue --- I think this is worthy of your reading and discernment ...

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/oregon-occupation-puts-arizona-public-land-grab-mania-in-focus-letter-to-the-editor-8016997

I stopped reading at "if these weren't white males".... The New Times is fire starter at best.

• Like 1

DesertBull.... I agree that wording is not the best, but the article hits the nail on the head in that federal land transfer to the state is a horrible idea.

Yeah ... These guys are no saints and the article does hit the nail on the head. An what is being seen with Big Bo would run rampant if these guys got their way ... Giving the state even another square mile of land in trust would be bad for the public no matter how much you dislike NFS ...

DesertBull:

I'm not a fan of New Times either.

In this case the important thing was the attached editorial letter from the Southwest regional coordinator for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and was "spot on" IMO ...

As always, the truth is somewhere between this article and the guys on the other end of the spectrum. There needs to be a lot less fed intervention but turning things over to other idiots that just have a different agenda ain't the answer either. Lark

You can't really have it both ways. Either you want a limited federal government or you're willing to accept a runaway political leviathan because it occasionally gives you niceties in life. I appreciate having large swaths of public land to hunt for free but the answer isn't to keep it in the hands of the feds, its to exert pressure on our state legislature to keep the lands public, or sell them off with permanent public easement. As a courageous conservative, I'm not about to abandon my principles just because the current status quo happens to be a more convenient arrangement for me.

• Like 2