Coues 'n' Sheep

Anyone Seeing or Hearing???

Got these pics off of my trail cam this weekend. They were all taken on different days but seem to support a thought that they are starting to "tune up" their pipes..... I Know we all love the sounds of the elk rut! :D

post-996-1185801217_thumb.jpg

post-996-1185801325_thumb.jpg

post-996-1185801418_thumb.jpg

I haven't heard any yet, but your pics sure make it look like he is bugling. I had a herd of elk in my camp the other morning, but none bugled during the night or morning.

I once saw a cow elk bugling (got it on film) about this time of year, many years ago. That was pretty interesting.

Amanda

Gino........those Elk aint buglin'.........You just caught em' lettin' out a burp.....

Seriously, I've heard from several poeple they have been buglin' in different areas for about a month now. Nothin' but blowin' the dust off the pipes and usually just little guys playin' around gettin' the itch. Cool pic's!

Grong told me this bull just stubbed his toe. What do you think?

post-166-1185805931_thumb.jpg

I was hearing them about a month ago, but all of them were younger bulls. One of them really let out a pretty good one. David

Wow, them pictures are making me want to forget about a meat elk and go for the big one. :D Thanks Gino for sharing.

TJ

I Guess it was about a month or so ago my dad and I were camping and fishing up at hurricane lake in the White Mountains. We woke up every morning to bugling bulls. It was great to hear them even tho we knew we will never get to hunt them. Inless of course we find an extra $30,000 or so laying around to go on a WMAT Elk hunt!

I haven't heard any yet, but your pics sure make it look like he is bugling. I had a herd of elk in my camp the other morning, but none bugled during the night or morning.

I once saw a cow elk bugling (got it on film) about this time of year, many years ago. That was pretty interesting.

Amanda

Can you post the pic??

:huh:

Nothing yet

I know they aren't ready yet

because the are still tearing up my apple trees :angry:

Probably horses or moo moo's eating your apple tree's. ;)