I drew a tag for Unit 27 (Hunt # 169 I believe). I am from Idaho and am just looking for a decent 4 pt. Score really does not matter to me. I have always wanted to pursue a Coues, so I am pretty excited. If anyone has any information/edvice/etc, that would be great. I am willing to trade ID, ND, SD, or MT info, if possible.

THanks in advance!

I wish I had more info to give you because I would be interested in a swap... BUT make sure you know your access points because those landowners down there DON"T mess around...

Jason

I just visited McCall Idaho. What a beautiful place! Fishing was incredible. Just curious, how do count points up there? Cause down here a 4 point would be quite a trophy. We count only one side when conveying how many points a deer has, or if the sides are different a 3x4 etc. I just read your post and was curious. Hopefully you do find one with 4 on each side and shoot him! Good luck.

Idaho B&T,I'll trade you info on New Mexico's unit 27.I took a nice 4x4 and helped a friend to his best coues deer both from unit 27.Our photos are on the New Mexico photo gallery page 2.Jeffd and Dudley Britt.We saw alot of bucks each day.Let me know if I can help you out on your hunt.

When I say 4 pt, I am referring to a 4x4. Up here we refer to one side only, not the eastern "8pt" talk. Yeah, I know 4x4's are not that common, however that is my only goal as far as size is concerned. If it ends up looking like it will not be possible, well, than I will take what I can get.

When I say 4 pt, I am referring to a 4x4. Up here we refer to one side only, not the eastern "8pt" talk. Yeah, I know 4x4's are not that common, however that is my only goal as far as size is concerned. If it ends up looking like it will not be possible, well, than I will take what I can get.

Are you counting the eye guards? Most people down here when describing there deer do not. A 3x3 with eye guards (or as some say 4x4) should be very doable.

I am from the area and most of your couse hunting in inthe forest area and you will need a map of the area. Most of it is pretty accesable, good unit an some good bucks down there.

I had a 27 coues deer tag a couple of years ago, great unit for coues. Seen lots of deer and hunters even though there was only 25 tags. I quit hunting after some piece of crap let of the air in my tires for the second time, I guess they did not like the AZ lic plates.

send me your phone # I can give you some great areas to hunt and camp.

Thanks a lot, that would be great. My cell is 208-431-0339. It is usually on, however I am not always in a coverage area. I was going to try and call you here this week sometime, if I get a chance. The last three weeks have been BUSY, and this week is going to be the same. Well, hopefully we can connect here sometime real soon. Thanks again.

Ryan

Hey guys new to forum drew unit 27 for couse wondering if anybody had some starting poi tshirt not looking for secrets spots just some places to access

1 hour ago, Clubull said:

Hey guys new to forum drew unit 27 for couse wondering if anybody had some starting poi tshirt not looking for secrets spots just some places to access

Here’s a poi tshirt

214BC120-F001-46C6-AE46-96C85071EB20.jpeg

• Haha 1