Non-Typical Solutions

I just GOTTA

That was awesome to watch and thanks for sharing. Took me back to when my wife and I were often at other ends of the state between girls basketball and wrestling. Those kids leave everything out there on the mat, physically and emotionally drained after a win or loss. My son wrestled 3 years for Thatcher and won quite a few tournaments but never at state. To win at state is outstanding. Congratulations to your whole family.

Congrats to you for all of your boys. Kudos for being great parents and being happy when one chooses music over sports. Great job!

Funny thing, my music son followed us all through high school being my camera man. That is him you can hear yelling at Cole during that match, he became a huge fan of little brother and filmed most of Cole's tournament matches all season long. Seven years between the two and they used to fight like heal every day they had to live together under the same roof. Sure glad the grow up but dang........the baby of the family has the door hitting his rear.....

Jeff, as you know I can relate. Problem is Im not as smart as you to get out. I guess it's ingrained into my blood too deep. I figure I will be going at least another 3 years with the 4 freshman on the bottom. Huge congrats to Cole! Please pass on that I wish him them best up at Virginia beach. Coaching sure has its emotional ups and downs no doubt. it's even worse when it's your own kid. My son blew out his knee just before State his senior year, that was 2012. He was the baby of 4 as well. Happy hunting to you Jeff, you certainly deserve the time to hunt now!

post-8760-0-94579800-1455886713_thumb.png

Congrats to you for all of your boys. Kudos for being great parents and being happy when one chooses music over sports. Great job!

Funny thing, my music son followed us all through high school being my camera man. That is him you can hear yelling at Cole during that match, he became a huge fan of little brother and filmed most of Cole's tournament matches all season long. Seven years between the two and they used to fight like heal every day they had to live together under the same roof. Sure glad the grow up but dang........the baby of the family has the door hitting his rear.....

Jeff, as you know I can relate. Problem is Im not as smart as you to get out. I guess it's ingrained into my blood too deep. I figure I will be going at least another 3 years with the 4 freshman on the bottom. Huge congrats to Cole! Please pass on that I wish him them best up at Virginia beach. Coaching sure has its emotional ups and downs no doubt. it's even worse when it's your own kid. My son blew out his knee just before State his senior year, that was 2012. He was the baby of 4 as well. Happy hunting to you Jeff, you certainly deserve the time to hunt now!

Eric,

You want to hear the sad part??? I sat the bench for a state champion team......basketball.......could have wrestled 120lb my senior year if I had known about wrestling....our school didn't offer the sport.

Spent my first 7 years in the educational system coaching the sport I loved....basketball...and then my boys changed my thinking as they got involved with wrestling so did I.

Snowflake program was on the ropes when I agreed to take over not knowing a beaver dam thing about the sport. I had tons and tons of support from ex wrestlers who came in and taught technique free of charge, I just made sure we had a good schedule, bus/vans to get to places and motels to stay in.

It has been educational at best for me and taught me what some are willing to do to put it all on the line out in the middle of that big circle.

Tons of respect for the kid who never cut the starting lineup but came to practice every day.........great sport with great people.

Your a saint! there aren't too many parents I know of that would take on a feat such as head coach with not much knowledge of the sport. IMO you deserve a lot more than a pat on the back, thats tough work.

Yes, you got to give it up for the kids that dont make the cut for varsity. They are just as hard working and help in so many ways to make the kids on varsity that much better. Got to give it up for the parents that give us the support and sit in those darn bleachers for 2 days even when its not their kid wrestling! CactusJack can relate to those benches!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I know your gonna miss it. :D Good luck at the sports boosters. Parents aren't gonna want to let you go. :P

Thank you dad for the continued support in everything us 4 boys have ever done!

Love you,

The Music Son :)