Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

OW's Original Trophy Room

A couple members in another thread asked me to post photos of my trophy rooms and some of in-the-field pix of the critters I have killed. I'll post a few different threads so DL time isn't exceptionally long for those with dial-up connections.

I apologize if some of you have already seen any of these elsewhere.

These are old pix of my original trophy room. The ones in this message are more overall views, while the ones in the reply are closer looks at some of the critters.

I originally built the room as a spa room and then did all the remodeling work to convert it into a trophy room instead. The cabinets and end tables are made from 50-yr. old recycled pine paneling from a downtown Phoenix landmark that was razed when Chase ballpark was built. The dark chest is also something I built.

A later thread will show the new 14'x32' addition I put on the family room. It now houses all my mounts from African and New Zealand, plus a life-size BC black bear.

Without further delay..... enjoy. -TONY

This is through the entry from the living room, which once was a 6'-wide sliding door. AZ blackbear rug on the wall with my grandfather's Parker Bros. 10 ga.

TrophyR2.jpg

The finished alcove. Coyote has a Gambel's quail in it's mouth. There are bear skulls, blackbuck horns, a couple small whitetail racks and Mexico Coues deer rack scattered about. The turkey is an eastern from MO, but I didn't do anything with the Merriam's, Rio Grande, Osceola or Gould's that I also killed over the years. On the wall with the tom is a pair of Mearns quail, chukar and flying ringneck.

TrophyR0.jpg

Photo from the entry toward the left. BC blackbear hides hanging in the corner and covering the armchair in lower left corner. A mountain lion hide drapes the chest and a blackbuck hide covers the end table. That's a Russian boar in the upper left next to my best mulie buck, which is hung next to a mulie doe. Antlers on the lamp shade are an SCI book blacktail buck (CA) that wasn't officially entered because I don't do record books.

TrophyR6.jpg

Photo from the entry to the right. 5X6 elk antlers in corner and horns from a Santa Cruz Island Merino ram on the table atop a hairless deer hide. Fish over bear is a 14# brown trout, Alaskan pike upper rght is 23 lbs. That's a bobcat rug on the wall and just the very bottom of a BC mountain caribou showing. A Catalina goat hangs above the BC 'bou.

TrophyR9.jpg

Photo of wall over the entry. NWT central barren ground 'bou to the left and an AK barren ground in the middle. Lower left is my first Coues deer, a javelina and 3.5# grayling from a river that runs into Great Bear Lake, NWT. Whitetail is from MO, mulie is my first mule deer buck, killed in 1961. There's a separate photo of the 60" BC moose in the next message.

TrophyR7.jpg

Here are a few close-ups of various trophies.

Two AZ 'lopes and a TX whitetail.

TrophyR4.jpg

North Kaibab buck and his mate. Little Coues buck on plaque.

TrophyR5.jpg

BC 60" moose and the nose of a 34# lake trout from the Yukon to the right. The two exotic sheep behind the moose are a Corsican and a black Hawaiian. The antlers below the moose are a small 4x4 Kaibab mulie.

TrophyR11.jpg

Coues deer on left, my first AZ 'lope (1963)in the middle and a Montana 'lope on the right.

TrophyR10.jpg

Very very nice Tony. :o You have a lot of memories and I hope you add to them with many more years to come. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed viewing your collection. :)

TJ