shortpants

Digital camera's???

Jason,

I got to thinking a bit, which is always dangerous. :rolleyes:

Are you perhaps talking about the lag time between tripping the shutter to the actual image capture? If so, that has nothing to do with the shutter speed per se but the actual speed of the processor, including the auto-focus mechanism. -TONY

I believe that's what I'm trying to say Tony. When you press the button down to take the pic it takes @ 2 seconds to actually take it. I'm not to savvy with a camera and yes I always have it in auto mode because I don't know what I'm doing???

I believe that's what I'm trying to say Tony. When you press the button down to take the pic it takes @ 2 seconds to actually take it. I'm not to savvy with a camera and yes I always have it in auto mode because I don't know what I'm doing???

Two seconds seems like a very long time. The specs on that camera says it normally takes anywhere from .3 to .6 sec to completely process an image. That's about right for most of the lower end P&S cameras. In contrast, the higher-end models, such as the Canon D30 I use, do it almost instantaneously. But you will pay more for that convenience.

One way you can speed that lag time a bit is to do as someone else suggested -- pre-focus by holding the shutter button down partway. Then when the kids do something you want recorded for posterity, push hard to trip the shutter.

A good way to learn about your camera and its many nuances is to read the instruction manual. ;) It contains a lots of good info that you can refer to from time to time.

That said, many newer models have stepped up the processor speeds. Should you decide to replace it with a newer model, go to Steve's Digicams. It is an excellent source for getting all the specs and for unbiased reviews on just about any model of digtal camera. -TONY

You said read! :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K, I appreciate all the info Tony ( and everyone else ) I'll try to dive into it deeper and see what I can come up with. I don't have the manual for it but I'll see what I can find out??? Maybe I'll take it into Tempe Camera with me and see if they can help me.

You said read! :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K, I appreciate all the info Tony ( and everyone else ) I'll try to dive into it deeper and see what I can come up with. I don't have the manual for it but I'll see what I can find out??? Maybe I'll take it into Tempe Camera with me and see if they can help me.

Jason,

You might be able to find the manual online. Maybe when I get some time later this week, I'll take a looksee for ya. -TONY

I'm trying to find a digital camera with a lightning fast shutter speed for my wife. She has one now but every time she tries to capture a kodak moment of our little girl by the time it takes the picture she's a week older already.

Anybody have some input on a fast digital?

I'd like to hear your thoughts gr8fuldoug.

thanks, Jason

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I was away fishing and then playing a mean game of catch up.

If you want a quick compact camera then the Olympus Stylus 770 is the way to go. It is waterproof to 33', 7.1 mp, 3x zoom and can be dropped from 5'.

It has image stabilization and plenty of pre set program modes to take amazing pictures. You can get it with a 1 gig card, extra battery, protective skin and 2 year Olympus extended warranty for $384.99 shipped as a CWT member

in the USA http://www.cameralandny.com/cameras/olympu...lympusstylus770

do not want to highjack this thread so doug pm me your thoughts on the digital slr cameras. My wife does weding photos. I will use one of the two we buy for wildlife photos as well. She likes the nikon d 200 the best.