Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Rino 650 maps

I am looking into buying maps for the gps. Was looking at the hunt view maps. Has anyone used this? Pros/cons and any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks

The only maps I have used on my gps is TOPO 2008. I am sure there are better maps but it does what I need.

I have the AZ map for the 650.. Its pretty awesome and shows everything its pretty much like having one of those flat land maps. They even show land owner boundaries and most water tanks, I definitely recommend it.

I have the AZ map for the 650.. Its pretty awesome and shows everything its pretty much like having one of those flat land maps. They even show land owner boundaries and most water tanks, I definitely recommend it.

Does it indicate by, color, state-federal-private properties?

Garmin makes a GPS hunt map for AZ that's excellent. It has the land ownership boundaries and different colors for them on your screen. I have been using it for about a year now and really like it. They allow you to view satellite imagery as well as 1:24K topo maps.

and as a bonus you get to support a sponsor of this site when you buy Garmin products.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on-the-trail-maps/huntview/garmin-huntview-maps-arizona/prod532225.html

• Like 2

Does it indicate by, color, state-federal-private properties?

Yes it shows all of that. The state map chips are like 100 bucks at Cabelas or Sportsman Warehouse. I highly highly recommend getting the map chip

• Like 1

Okay need some more help. I was looking at Garmin's on Amazon and there are several versions of the 650, all at different prices. So I guess my question is which one do you and Amanda have? I definitely want one that indicates property ownership.

Okay need some more help. I was looking at Garmin's on Amazon and there are several versions of the 650, all at different prices. So I guess my question is which one do you and Amanda have? I definitely want one that indicates property ownership.

The GPS doesn't show private property its the Hunt AZ Chips that show private boundaries , water tanks, landmarks etc ..I use the Garmin Rhino 650 if you are looking to spend an extra 100.00 then you can buy the Hunt AZ Chip that fits into the Rhino GPS..

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunt-arizona-garmin-gps

Thank you Phil, exactly the info I was looking for. Think I'll go ahead and order the 650 with the AZ chip.

Also, it doesnt have to be the rhino 650 , the OnX Hunt Maps fit into most Garmin GPS's.. I only bought the 650 because it was on sale for like 249.99 at Cabelas so keep an eye out for any sales on GPS. They usually have the Rhino 650 on sale a couple times a year.

The Rhino 650 Radio GPS are on sale at Cabelas this Saturday for 5 hours ... 319.99 My buddies and I used 3 of them this past weekend hunting deer. Was pretty cool using the radio feature.