Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

What bow to get?

Find your price point point for the bow only. Go shoot em all in that range with your eyes closed. The one that feels the best is the one you buy. Almost every bow made nowadays can shoot better than most people can. If it feels good from draw cycle thru the shot you will shoot more and that is where accuracy comes from. Good luck!

Hey guys, thanks for all the input! I ended up getting a Mathews Halen 7! Should pick it up tomorrow or Sunday, can't wait!

That's a Nice Bow!! Did it Kill a Bull?

I sold the Halon and got a BowTech BT-X 28.

I like it better than the Halon. But, Halon is an Awesome Bow.

I had the early bull hunt in 7W. I hunted alone most days, some my brother and a couple of friends joined me. Man, did we see some elk! I let a few spikes walk right past me, 1 I called in.

Finally on the 11th day of the 12 day hunt, I called in a bull just before dark. Bugle back to a bugle call and he was pretty close. I waited a minute or two and still couldn't see him, so I let out a mild cow call. He bugle right back and then I saw him coming in. As he approached and walked past a bush, I drew, he got to 40 yds and stopped broadside and in the clear. I released the arrow, but he jumped the string and my heart stopped! It looked like it hit him far back, he did a 180 and ran off.

But only went 40 yds and fell down. I couldn't see him, but saw some bushes moving and heard him thrash around for a few minutes. When I didn't hear anymore thrashing, I walked over to see my first archery elk, a 5×6!

The arrow hit him in the hip and severed an artery. Bad luck turned good!

• Like 2