jeepers creepers

.270 WIn Bullet Grain?

If you want a light bullet, go with the Barnes TSX 110 gr. They are not listed under the .270, but they are as a 6.8 mm, which is the exact same diameter. It will shoot flat and fast, and have awesome stopping power. I just loaded some up, and they work like a champ.

6.8 is the same as .270? I've never heard that before. Anyone else?

I actually called Barnes and asked the same question. The diameter is identical, but it is listed under 6.8mm. I asked him if he saw any problem with loading it into a .270 and he told me that they didn't have any load data for it, but as long as I am not flirting with max loading it should be fine. I loaded 50 of them, and went out and shot last weekend. Worked like a champ. I shot one into milk jugs and recovered it. I will try to snap a photo of it and post it. Pretty potent little round for a 110 gr.

i shoot 140 hornday interlocks. the cheap hornadys. tried some 130 interbonds. they work ok, at least as good as the interlocks, but at twice the price. they shoot all the way through elk, deer, goats, whatever, and wad up under the skin on the off side. i really like em. i shot 130 sierras for years and can't really remember why i changed. they would come apart a lot and the lead and jacket would usually be in the same place, but seperated, and killed the heck outta deer and elk. never could figure out why folks cussed that aspect of them, because they seemed to be devastating. my ol' man killed a really big 6x6 bull a couple years ago with sierra 130's, and no other bullet coulda done better. as long you don't use "el 'spode-o" hollowpoints or plastic tippers or them junky all copper bullets, anything will work and work well. it's all in the marksmanship. heart and lungshot = dead animal. Lark.

I ONLY HAVE BUT TWO RIFLES IN THE 270 CALIBER, BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS... NOTHING WORSE THAN A SOLID COPPER BULLET. I TRY TO BE PRETTY SCIENTIFICIC WHEN IT COMES TO RELOADING. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I HAVEN'T TINKERED, OR HUNTED WITH THE .270" MUCH BUT I WILL SAY THIS! MUCH TO MY EMBARRASMENT, I DID SHOOT A TOTAL OF TWO BUCKS IN 2006. ONE ON STATE LAND AND ONE ON AN INDIAN RESERVATION, AND BOTH RAN LIKE THE DICKENS. BOTH TIMES I HAD A FRIEND (SPOTTER) WITH ME, AND BOTH TIMES THE BUCKS COULD NOT BE RECOVERED. NOW I SUPPOSE THAT HAD I SHOT EITHER OF THEM HARD AND HIGH ON THE SHOULDER IT MIGHT NOT HAVE MATTERED,BUT I AM OF THE OLD ADDAGE THAT IF YOU COULD PUNCH A HOLE IN THE LUNGS THE "PARTY IS OVER"! NOT TRUE HOWEVER. I STILL SHOOT A .30 CAL BULLET GOING AROUND 3350 FPS BUT NOW USE A 168 GR. "TARGET BULLET" AND I PROMISE THAT IS DEVASTATING! SOME SAY THAT IT COULD BREAK UP, SOME MAY SAY THAT IS NOT AS EFFECTIVE BUT, I HAVE TAKEN A TOTAL OF 4 DEER WITH IT AND 5 CARIBOU AND NOT SO MUCH AS A HITCH. BY THE WAY THE SOLIDS WOUNDED"IN MY EXPERIENCE (2 DEER AND 1 BEAR), AND THE A-MAX TOOK AT LEAST 9 BIG GAME ANIMALS WITH NO PROBLEM. BY THE WAY: THE ONLY NON-PASS-THROGH WAS ON A CARIBOU, AND IT WAS AT 330 YRDS AND DROPPED INSTANTLY FROM A SHOT TO THE HARDEST PART OF THE SHOULDER.... THE BULLET WAS RECOVERED ON THE FAR SIDE UNDER THE HIDE. I ALWAYS USED TO THINK THAT BULLET (SHOT) PLACEMENT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO CONSIDER BUT NOW I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN BULLET SELLECTION. I WILL STATE HOWEVER, THAT IF YOU CHOOSE A FACTORY BULLET YOU CAN'T GO WRONG. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OUR LORD,SAVIOR AND THE HOLY GHOST NEVER!!!! SUBSCRIBE TO SOLID BULLET UNLESS YOUR ARE KILLING BIG 5 IN AFRICA, AND USING BRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ONLY HAVE BUT TWO RIFLES IN THE 270 CALIBER, BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS... NOTHING WORSE THAN A SOLID COPPER BULLET. I TRY TO BE PRETTY SCIENTIFICIC WHEN IT COMES TO RELOADING. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I HAVEN'T TINKERED, OR HUNTED WITH THE .270" MUCH BUT I WILL SAY THIS! MUCH TO MY EMBARRASMENT, I DID SHOOT A TOTAL OF TWO BUCKS IN 2006. ONE ON STATE LAND AND ONE ON AN INDIAN RESERVATION, AND BOTH RAN LIKE THE DICKENS. BOTH TIMES I HAD A FRIEND (SPOTTER) WITH ME, AND BOTH TIMES THE BUCKS COULD NOT BE RECOVERED. NOW I SUPPOSE THAT HAD I SHOT EITHER OF THEM HARD AND HIGH ON THE SHOULDER IT MIGHT NOT HAVE MATTERED,BUT I AM OF THE OLD ADDAGE THAT IF YOU COULD PUNCH A HOLE IN THE LUNGS THE "PARTY IS OVER"! NOT TRUE HOWEVER. I STILL SHOOT A .30 CAL BULLET GOING AROUND 3350 FPS BUT NOW USE A 168 GR. "TARGET BULLET" AND I PROMISE THAT IS DEVASTATING! SOME SAY THAT IT COULD BREAK UP, SOME MAY SAY THAT IS NOT AS EFFECTIVE BUT, I HAVE TAKEN A TOTAL OF 4 DEER WITH IT AND 5 CARIBOU AND NOT SO MUCH AS A HITCH. BY THE WAY THE SOLIDS WOUNDED"IN MY EXPERIENCE (2 DEER AND 1 BEAR), AND THE A-MAX TOOK AT LEAST 9 BIG GAME ANIMALS WITH NO PROBLEM. BY THE WAY: THE ONLY NON-PASS-THROGH WAS ON A CARIBOU, AND IT WAS AT 330 YRDS AND DROPPED INSTANTLY FROM A SHOT TO THE HARDEST PART OF THE SHOULDER.... THE BULLET WAS RECOVERED ON THE FAR SIDE UNDER THE HIDE. I ALWAYS USED TO THINK THAT BULLET (SHOT) PLACEMENT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO CONSIDER BUT NOW I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN BULLET SELLECTION. I WILL STATE HOWEVER, THAT IF YOU CHOOSE A FACTORY BULLET YOU CAN'T GO WRONG. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OUR LORD,SAVIOR AND THE HOLY GHOST NEVER!!!! SUBSCRIBE TO SOLID BULLET UNLESS YOUR ARE KILLING BIG 5 IN AFRICA, AND USING BRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you are interested, here is a good site that goes over tracking and recovering wounded deer.

http://www.thejump.net/Hunting_Articles/recover.htm