Sign in to follow this  
SOLO HUNTER 1998

Flat heads down at rosey

This is a good time of year for that! ;) In the old days we used to focus on the Salt River arm of the lake.... Use bluegills for bait for the BIG ones! ;)

Good luck!

S.

:)

I'm digging that trap. It would be nice to sit back and actually fish one of these days instead of throwing the net all night. Where did you get it and how much do they run?

We have been hammering stripers at pleasant the last 4 weekends. We have been caughting flatheads by accident we also had several in the 5-10lbs range all caught on anchovies.

post-4310-0-54490600-1462124016_thumb.jpeg

post-4310-0-34899400-1462124032_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I would take one for sure. How far down do you make it this way? Maybe I could catch up with you on your way to tucson some weekend. I'd be ok with never seeing morenci ever again. Did the drywall in all those doublewides up there, talk about a nightmare job. It was a heck trying to find halfway decent help up there.

However the cafe up there by bowling alley had this breakfast (not officially on the menu) called the carwreck, OMG it was the bomb!

Lol good ol Morenci it's a acquired taste Ok we will get it made this week for you we will figure something out on delivery thanks my son builds them to help fund the fishing and hunting bug thx muledeer when are you going to make it down next

Lol good ol Morenci it's a acquired taste Ok we will get it made this week for you we will figure something out on delivery thanks my son builds them to help fund the fishing and hunting bug thx muledeer when are you going to make it down next

I'm up a few times a month and my folks are down here a few times a month. If you and him make a deal then just drop the cages off with my dad and they'll be delivered in less than a week.

Well gee wiz thats just downright convenient. Thanks muledeer.

OP. Pm me and I will tell you what I know about flathead fishing. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Ya know what? Lets make it two traps.. I've contacted Muledeer to arrange getting cash to him.

Most of the time I use a 8/0 circle hook with a 12-16 inch leader with a barrel swivel bead and a 1oz or bigger no roll weight I try to use live bait when I can I hook my bluegill above the lateral line behind the dorsal fin minnows I hook high mid back with a 4/0 circle hook but the biggest catfish I've ever caught was on a good ol worm I also like berkley big game 15-30 pound test or andes line same weight they have better color selection