Sign in to follow this  
Heat

New Fishing Partner

I bought my daughter Madilyn her first rod and reel for her 2nd Birthday. I can only hope she enjoys fishing half as much as her old man!

post-2759-0-17315800-1462914847_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Awesome. I was reminicing about my daughter a while back and found a shoebox full of pictures and most of them of her growing up were with a fishing pole in her hand.

• Like 1

Is that a Nemo fishing pole? Because that's exactly what we got our daughter for her 2nd birthday and she's loved fishing ever since. I'm taking her on her first real fly fishing trip at the end of this month. Way to go, dad!

• Like 1

I bought my daughter Madilyn her first rod and reel for her 2nd Birthday. I can only hope she enjoys fishing half as much as her old man!

attachicon.gifIMG_20160507_162656661.jpg

Now she just needs some surface iron.

• Like 1

Not Nemo, Frozen I think. I was really looking for Snoopy but I guess he is not as cool as when I was a kid. Every kid my age had a Snoopy rod and reel before they graduated to a Zebco.

• Like 1

Not Nemo, Frozen I think. I was really looking for Snoopy but I guess he is not as cool as when I was a kid. Every kid my age had a Snoopy rod and reel before they graduated to a Zebco.

Nemo, Frozen, whatever works to get them interested! The selection is amazing these days. It was Cars for my son when he turned two. He caught an Apache trout on it before I could get one on my fly rod!

We must be from different generations (or my dad was a hard-a$$) because I was handed a full-length rod as soon as I was old enough to fish. I always kinda felt cheated out of the Snoopy pole experience!

Hopefully in 16 - 17 years you will get calls from her like I have gotten from my little Girl (almost 21) about losing an 8 lb bass at the boat and being bummed! Those little poles are great for trolling crappie too.