After Having my first cam I set out messed with by the bears, and archery season coming soon, I really wanted a better way to lock up my camera. Recently my dad replaced his mailbox with a locking one after having problems with mail theft at his neighborhood in Tempe.

Now before anyone calls me out, these locking mailboxes are in no way as strong as some of the homemade boxes that people have shown recently on this site, but they are steel and you can do a little extra work on them to get them more secure. Besides the guys who made their own didn't sound to keen on making anyone else one.

Anyway for 22$ at the Hardware store, plus the cost of a couple pad locks and lag bolts, you can make your own. The box has a locking lid, but I drilled holes through the top and also holes in the sides at the very top next to the holes in the lid(on each corner) and a master lock will slide through these. I then used a cut off wheel and my dremol(sp.) to cut a large square hole in the face of the box for the flash, IR sensor, lens, etc. If you don't have a cut of wheel you could just use some large diameter drill bits(my flash is square but the Ir sensor and the lens are round). Lastly, I drilled three holes through the back to lag it to the tree. This box is 12" x 9 1/2" x 3 1/2" and it comes in white, I just spray painted it matte black.

Like I said before it's not the best box, but for a grand total of about 35$ you can make it a little more secure. I hope this helps some of you guys who are having security problems.

I just built this for our Wildview cams.... The one that I built for the Moultrie cams works Great! I have them set up to run 2 lags into the tree.

post-996-1187048246_thumb.jpg

Isnt it ridiclious that we have to bomb proof our freakin cameras so they dont get stolen?!

Isn't ridiclous that we have to bomb proof our freaking Daughters so they don't get stolen?!

:angry:

:P

Isnt it ridiclious that we have to bomb proof our freakin cameras so they dont get stolen?!

Isn't ridiclous that we have to bomb proof our freaking Daughters so they don't get stolen?!

:angry:

:P

HEY HEY HEY!!! I offered to pack out her 390" bull that I am going to spot!

I also PM'd an offer for her to shoot/borrow my 30-06.. MY FIRST RIFLE I PURCHASED but, her father did not have the courtesy to write me back?!?!

Doug, you think that thing can hold me back?! come on now :D:D:D:D (JUST KIDDING!!)

:lol: :P :lol:

What great fun if you can't be OUT THERE

I have never meet Casey but I think we need a lot more than that. :P

But Casey I do have a lot More than that :angry:

Doug, I am sure glad you got a laugh at Casey's expense :lol: :P :lol:

GH,

Ya made me laff hard with your response to Casey. But they do make security boxes to help with your problem.

chastitybelt.jpg

casey are you getting low on lotion. gota stop it somewhere I guess.

GH,

Ya made me laff hard with your response to Casey. But they do make security boxes to help with your problem.

chastitybelt.jpg

casey are you getting low on lotion. gota stop it somewhere I guess.

Casey that sure looks like it would be hard to walk around in. :lol:

GH,

chastitybelt.jpg

I have a daughter it needs a bigger LOCK!!