Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

first bow for my kids

I finally broke down and got my kids a pse spyder, max poundage is 20 lbs. Took my kids the other day to wally world and was gonna get them a 22 rifle to target practice. While waiting the kids asked if instead of a rifle if i could get them a bow. Well it worked and i broke down and got them a bow. they were just flinging arrows with out a peep and not using the sights. More than anything i was happy to see them excited to do something that there dads loves to do. here are some first time pics from today. My daughters are already asking to take them rabbit hunting. :P :P :P

post-610-1187498543_thumb.jpg

post-610-1187498599_thumb.jpg

post-610-1187498627_thumb.jpg

post-610-1187498696_thumb.jpg

That is awesome!

My daughter is turning 4 on Sept 2nd, and she's getting a bow for her birthday. My wife was telling me last night that yesterday she was trying to break the hook off of a plastic clothes hanger. My wife asked her what she was doing and she said she was trying to make a bow... :)

Here's a couple of pics of her from one evening last weekend when I took her out with me to sit in a blind. I picked the wrong waterhole and we got out there late, but I wasn't sure how long she would last anyways out there. She surprised me in how well she did. We didn't see anything as I expected us not to, but I was sure hoping something would come in. She had a great time and wants to do it again.

Here she is putting on her 'makeup'.

P8250023.jpg

Painted face...

P8250020.jpg

Posing in the blind...

P8250039.jpg

Man, that is so cool. I had my daughter and my girlfriends daughter in a blind with me last year and a bear came in and circled us. The bear left and 10 minutes later came back and walkd around us again. I was a bit nervous cause i had the kids with me, so i started yelling and shaking the blind. Finally he left and the kids were really relieved. I even got it all on film. The kids really laugh about it now when they see it on tv.

Very cool...my son just turned 5 and will be going with me and his uncle on our rifle cow hunt in Oct. That will be his first hunting trip, figured it would be easier than climbing those hills after coues deer since the unit I have is mostly rolling hills. He was asking me the other day for a bow and arrow and told me he wanted to take a bow and arrow on the cow hunt. They grow up so fast....