Sign in to follow this  
MuggyMan

Draw Process

Well you are stupid, so there.

Reminded me of old saying

I know you are but what am I

And just thinking of the thousands who have tried and been drawn.

People, go to the AZGFD web site and read How the Draw works. Information that you get on a chat site is 99% of the time not correct. Actually it doesn't matter how it works. You just put in for the hunts that you want to go on and wait. If you think that you have a better idea forget it. Hundreds have tried, and failed.

And you're completely clueless. Which is good. That helps my odds. Hopefully more people think like you.

wtf...My opinion is hopefully not many people think like you.

People, go to the AZGFD web site and read How the Draw works. Information that you get on a chat site is 99% of the time not correct. Actually it doesn't matter how it works. You just put in for the hunts that you want to go on and wait. If you think that you have a better idea forget it. Hundreds have tried, and failed.

"People, go to the AZGFD web site and read How the Draw works"

Well if you read my OP, I stated that I had just read the explanation and it was less than clear to me. I asked a question to see if my understanding was correct, and turns out it wasn't.

"Actually it doesn't matter how it works".

Not sure I agree​. I actually have a pretty good success rate with the draw process: for elk, I've been drawn 5 times in 8 years. I believe this was because I picked choices with high draw odds and decent success rates. (Filled 4 of those tags - dang, I'm less than perfect). Or I could just be lucky at getting those randomly generated low numbers.

"You just put in for the hunts that you want to go on and wait."

I have a friend (hard to believe I know) and he only ever puts in for one unit because he likes that unit. He doesn't get drawn as much as I do. :rolleyes:

I guess it comes down to what you're putting in for. If you're one of those guys that's only after monster trophy animals, then you only put in for those primo units with low draw odds ..."and wait." As for me, I want to hunt as often as possible. I'd like to be out there every year if I could. So I study and pick hunts with high draw odds with good success rates so that my friends (hard to believe I know) and I have a reasonable chance of filling our tags. Sometimes that means I get drawn for a unit I've never set foot in before. Turns out that that's awesome! That means I get to buy new maps, spend ridiculous amounts of time on Google Earth, and make scouting trips into new territory (new for me anyway). That's what it's all about. That's all part of the hunt.

So even though 5-out-of-8 draw success aint too bad, excuse me for thinking maybe I can do even better. That's the way I am -- I'm a hopeful guy, always looking to do better if I can.

• Like 1