Sign in to follow this  
Willflow

Antler growth this year

I feel like the early moisture has greatly benefited the elk this year. I've seen some real studs. Have yet to see any deer that impress me yet but the still have a bunch of growing yet to do.

As stated, seen some Stud Bulls running around and a few Bucks but not a lot ... It has been pretty dry the last couple months but the early rains seemed to keep things pretty green in most the units I run around in ... Have not been south Yet this year but the Units I hunt, have been seeing A little more rain than the valley and last I looked were about average.

it seems like growth will end up pretty good this year but what animals i have seen are a little behind. i would guess that a lot of bucks will still have quite a bit of growth left when the august archery season starts. the bucks i have on my cameras this year are pretty far behind from what i usually see. especially the coues

The deer I am seeing down in the desert are behind from where they were last year. small bucks have nubs and the bigger bucks are just barely getting out past their ears. I agree with greyghost85 most bucks will still have growing left to do when august archery starts.