Sign in to follow this  
jefftrucker12

Barrel Threading Flagstaff / N.AZ

Not sure what shop you went to, but you might check with Dark Sky Solutions. I know the owner and he's a great guy. Retired Navy Corpsman and used to run with the SWCCs. He's moving his family to Costa Rica in a year, but I think he still has all of his equipment. I'm hoping to get a rifle from him before he leaves.

Not sure what shop you went to, but you might check with Dark Sky Solutions. I know the owner and he's a great guy. Retired Navy Corpsman and used to run with the SWCCs. He's moving his family to Costa Rica in a year, but I think he still has all of his equipment. I'm hoping to get a rifle from him before he leaves.

Moving to Costa Rica.....great decision. Congrats to him.

Im not overly familiar with gunsmithing rates but it sounds to me like the guy charges $50/hr and figures its a 2 to 2-1/2 hour job. Thats a good rate for a guy that owns his own machine tools and is talented with them.

Ive fixed enough sloppy machine work to know Its not uncommon for bargain hunters to end up paying twice.

• Like 1

That price sounds about right. I had a barrel threaded a couple years ago and the smith charged me $95.