mmatthew

30a unit / november 4th-10th hunt

I will be hunting 30a need tips on scouting the area were good location to start. Just an idea because i am from Tucson and the area is new to me hunt wise.

Not but be a dick but what ever happened to putting in some of your own scouting time I mean it is your hunt right? So why ask others to do the work for u

• Like 3

Just hunt the spots that are on game and fish's website. They aren't as packed as you would think and they have probably more deer there than anywhere else in the unit. You can venture out from there.

Taken from G&F Website:

Areas: To access the Peloncillo Mountains take I-10 to Hwy 191 south to Douglas, follow 15th Street, which becomes the Geronimo Trail. Take Geronimo Trail road into the mountain range located on the Arizona/New Mexico border. Areas include Cottonwood Canyon, Estes Canyon, Miller Springs and Outlaw Mountain. Because of the proximity to New Mexico, be sure of the location of the state line. One major change in access is Skeleton, South Fork of Skeleton, and Starvation Canyon is no longer available.

The Pedregosa Mountains are located northeast of Douglas. To get there; take Hwy 80 from Douglas to the Boss-Husted Shipping Corral Road (Dangerous Road). Areas include Walnut Canyon, Upper Indian Creek and Half-moon Valley areas.

To access the Dos Cabezas Mountains take Hwy 186 from Willcox towards Dos Cabezas. Access is limited with only a couple roads available, the Hurtado Ranch Road and the Mascot Mine Road are currently closed. Hunters can enter the Dos Cabezas from the west on the Collins Farm Road, or east off of Apache Pass Road at the Happy Camp Road or the Page Ranch Road off Interstate 10 exit 344 in Willcox. Pre-season scouting is very important to learn these roads and obtain permission where needed.

Obtain US Forest Service maps and topographical maps to familiarize yourself with the areas. Learning the terrain and its characteristics will greatly improve your success.

Gonna be a tough hunt. Road Access is limited. Get ready for some hiking for the best results.

Hey every one, sorry about the gap in my reply time, just doing a lot work so I can concentrate on my scouting and hunting plans. Yes, thank you all for the info. What all have said has confirmed some the things I began with. I want this to be great outdoor adventure :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Matthew- I've got a 30a late November tag and am new to the unit as well. Let me know if you want an extra set of eyes on your hunt, I'd join you to help glass and scout for my hunt at the same time

Hey Outdoorifle602 I apolize I am so caught up in work arround the house and other things I forgot about this post. Hey I already been kicking the area around and I may possibly have a freind come along after coaching HS football provided they are not in the playoff. however if aint to late we will see. thak you.