bgshooter

Wow...

I read about that this morning. That is crazy! Hooves ( at least in the sheep's case) don't look like they'd be good conductors of electricity though...

I read about that this morning. That is crazy! Hooves ( at least in the sheep's case) don't look like they'd be good conductors of electricity though...

I have been semi damp and bumped into 110/v and it hurt way, way worse than just the regular little jolt! Not one to assume, I am assuming like the sheep these critters were wet and that makes a huge difference in how that all ends up.

Norway is a beautiful country and wayyyyyyyyyyyyy environmentally minded.....wonder what they will do to protect the caribou from lightning :(

I found a doe in unit 1 that was laying in the middle of a big meadow. When I walked up to her she had all 4 hooves blown off and not another mark on her beside some ruffled hair on her back. There had been a big storm the night before.

• Like 1

Yeah, that makes sense then

Mother nature never ceases to amaze with her display of power... In this case, unfortunately, it took out the caribou and in Jim's experience a doe with blown off hooves! Hopefully the caribou don't go to waste...

Quote from video, "Of those killed, 5 had to be euthanized due to their injuries".

I guess the lightning didn't kill them enough.....is this similar to beating a dead horse?

My Mom always told me, "If you die, your Dad is going to kill you!" whenever I was doing something stupid....which was quite often.

• Like 4

When I was in Utah playing baseball they had over 100,000 ducks try to land on a Walmart parking lot that they must have thought was water. They had so many wounded and dead ducks all over the place it was sad.

• Like 1

When I was in Utah playing baseball they had over 100,000 ducks try to land on a Walmart parking lot that they must have thought was water. They had so many wounded and dead ducks all over the place it was sad.

As they would say in Norway....Uff Da!!!

• Like 2