Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Tony's Party Questions

This thread is for questions or the usual inane comments :lol: in regards to the party at my house on Sept. 29, 2007. See the YES RSVP ONLY FOR TONY'S PARTY ON SEPT. 29, 2007 thread if you WILL ATTEND FOR SURE.

We will hold an auction, beginning about 9 p.m. with the proceeds going to Amanda to help maintain this web site. Although it is not mandatory, we'd like everyone to bring some item they no longer need or want for the auction. It doesn't have to be an expensive item but should at least be something a person will find useful, collectible, etc.

A few examples: hunting videos or books; art prints; hunting gear such as knives, packs, clothing etc. Of course, it would be ideal if everything is either new or in like-new condition, but close to either is good enough. ;)

Also, although it hasn't' been etched in stone yet, Doug suggested the early start so we still have enough light outside to test various binocular brands, tripods and the like. I already have two tripods and three binocular brands -- 15X Docters, 12X Alpens and 10X B&Ls -- to that end. Others can fill in with more brands.

Questions, comments, suggestions????????????? -TONY

Sunset will be about 6:15 in regard to any optics testing. I can bring Leica 10+15 Duovids, Velbon Luxi-F and Velbon Chaser EFL tripods.

Anyone interested in shooting some sporting clays at Ben Avery on that Sat?

Doug~RR

Sunset will be about 6:15 in regard to any optics testing. I can bring Leica 10+15 Duovids, Velbon Luxi-F and Velbon Chaser EFL tripods.

Anyone interested in shooting some sporting clays at Ben Avery on that Sat?

Doug~RR

I just changed start time to 5:30. -TONY

I can't go, but I can send something for the auction. Is there an easy way to get it from the southeast valley to Tony's side of town?

I can't go, but I can send something for the auction. Is there an easy way to get it from the southeast valley to Tony's side of town?

Marshall,

I don't get over that way to often, but I'll be at Bass Pro in Mesa this Thurs. (13th) for a meeting. Will be in the Islamorada Seafood restaurant from about 11:30 to 2 or so. -TONY

Tony,

I sent you a PM and wondered if you got it. I can't find it in my sent messages.

Dave

Yup, got it and just replied. You probably didn't check the box to save a copy.

Anyway, thanks for the great offer.

For everyone, Dave will be contributing a first-edition copy of the 1980 Bowhunting In Arizona book -- a worthwhile collector's item -- to the auction. He has already bid $100 for it, so any bids will have to top his generous one.

Amanda, you might get enough for a trip to Cancun. ;) -TONY

I was hoping to attend the party so I could meet everyone but I just returned to work this last week and they have ask me to work that weekend. :angry: I hope everyone has a great time! :D

TJ

ps- ...was Dirk D. invited? :huh: :rolleyes:

I was hoping to attend the party so I could meet everyone but I just returned to work this last week and they have ask me to work that weekend. :angry: I hope everyone has a great time! :D

TJ

ps- ...was Dirk D. invited? :huh: :rolleyes:

Do you work at night??

If the positive replies don't pick up within the next few days, I might cancel it due to the lack of interest and reschedule it sometime next year. :( -TONY

Doug,

One thing I forgot to mention:

I'll try to get Corky Richardson and Duwane to attend if they aren't guiding hunters on the early bull hunt that weekend. I had mentioned it to Corky a week or two go before we had finalized the date. Duwane has been guiding bowhunters all week, so I haven't talked to him yet. -TONY

Tony,

I see that Duwane is speaking at tomorrow night's ADA clinic, if you need a chance to invite him.

How many rsvps have you received? Perhaps some carpools from Tucson, Flag, Mesa and Payson could be formed.

Doug

Tony,

I see that Duwane is speaking at tomorrow night's ADA clinic, if you need a chance to invite him.

How many rsvps have you received? Perhaps some carpools from Tucson, Flag, Mesa and Payson could be formed.

Doug

So far, YOU are the only RSVP. So we can enjoy some shrimp, wings and other goodies while downing a few brews together. ;) -TONY

I will be at the clinic tomorrow and I can mention it to Duwane if you like.

Amanda

Nah. No need. I already spoke to him this morning. He'll be up in Unit 1 guiding elk hunters during the rifle hunt and then he also has a couple bowhunters. -TONY

This is one of the items I'll be donating to the auction at the party. It's a limited edition knife made by Buck for Whitetails Unlimited and is no longer available, i.e. it's a collector's item. The deer silhouette is cut clear thru the blade, and it comes with a walnut presentation case.

post-82-1189780976_thumb.jpg

I'll also be donating a hard-cover copy of How To Hunt Coues Deer that will be signed by Duwane and me. -TONY

post-82-1189781360.jpg