Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Bears and patterns

I've seen two good sized bears recently. Will they be in the same area come Oct 28th when it opens up? I've never specifically hunted bears but I would like to start. How much do they move around? Will they move with it getting colder between now and then?

That's a long time from now for bears. They tend to wander based on where the good food is. If you saw them in, or going to, pears he will move on as soon as the pears are gone...long before Oct 28th.

• Like 1

I've seen two good sized bears recently. Will they be in the same area come Oct 28th when it opens up? I've never specifically hunted bears but I would like to start. How much do they move around? Will they move with it getting colder between now and then?

I highly doubt they will be in the same area unless there is still a good food source around.

Just got home from a weekend scouting/ Archery bear hunt in my unit , I was just down 3 weeks ago, I hadm on my game cams and even had a cool encounter with a momma bear and her cubs I showed up to my canyon and poof... there gone lol no sighn.. on the plus side of things the grass is 5 feet tall in some areas and bucks looked good lots of does .. I'm hoping the bears show back up in about a month for rifle season