I've never used a trailcam, but from viewing many of the photos here, I can see they sure make the deer act funny. I've never seen deer dig big holes and then lick the dirt like that before. Is that a reaction to the flash or are they merely hamming it up for the camera? -TONY

I've never used a trailcam, but from viewing many of the photos here, I can see they sure make the deer act funny. I've never seen deer dig big holes and then lick the dirt like that before. Is that a reaction to the flash or are they merely hamming it up for the camera? -TONY

Go to 12a and 12b them holes are everywhere. ;)

I've seen deer exhibit similar reactions around mineral blocks placed by ranchers, man made dirt tanks, camp grounds, and even immigrant food caches................................ intentions may differ but end result is the same, they attract deer. If "deer attractants" are outlawed there are still plenty of things placed by man that will attract deer and perhaps make them act in an "unatural" way.

Not many things are as black and white as we may want but once the "ban it" ball is rolling it may be hard to stop.

a hunter that uses a guide or a trail camera is not less of a hunter in my opinion. deer travel insane distances to water so a buck you might catch on film at night could be ten miles away the next day and theres nothing wrong with wanting to know if there are bucks in the area, after all it's not like when the camera flashes it puts a honing beacon on it so you can march right to it later on. and as far as guides go, people have scouted for hunts and never come under scruitany for doing it themselves so what if a hunter has a busy career and is using his only time off for the actual hunt so he hires a guide to ensure he is heading to a place with deer and assist him/her in harvesting. did a peta member sneak on here or what? maybe we will all have to throw out the rifles and compounds and binos for a homemade recurve and stone tip arrows,NOT!

hey tony! the person who put that trail cam there probably put down some deer cocaine, a powder you spread around and pour water on which deposits minerals into the ground much like a salt lick only in the dirt. the deer will dig further down when he consumes the stuff on the surface. good way to get a good look at the buck instead of catching a glimpse as he passes

hey tony! the person who put that trail cam there probably put down some deer cocaine,

Well I'll be darned. So that's what someone meant when they mentioned the "immigrant food caches." Here I thought it was tortillas or maybe some cold bean burritos.

I really should bone up on all these new hunting techniques. Thanks for the infomation. -TONY

hey tony! the person who put that trail cam there probably put down some deer cocaine,

Well I'll be darned. So that's what someone meant when they mentioned the "immigrant food caches." Here I thought it was tortillas or maybe some cold bean burritos.

I really should bone up on all these new hunting techniques. Thanks for the infomation. -TONY

i don't know if it's legal or ethical but i live in the sportsmans warehouse and have seen huge bags of it there and have seen people buy it so who knows? can barely afford bullets let alone fancy cameras and deer drugs

i don't know if it's legal or ethical but i live in the sportsmans warehouse and have seen huge bags of it there and have seen people buy it so who knows? can barely afford bullets let alone fancy cameras and deer drugs

Hmmm. So how do you manage to hunt under such a severe handicap? -TONY

Hey!! Here's a great idea for leonard and the fish police! Let's ban game cameras to increase hunter opportunity!!

Mark

Hmmm. So how do you manage to hunt under such a severe handicap? -TONY

i usually sight in with 3/4 of a box and the rest are used on the hunt. if i cant kill in 4 shots i have no business out there. i don't even use camo, i got blue jeans, a flannel, ball cap, gun ,binos, old boots, water, jerky, and four bullets. and that equalls dead deer my friend!

i usually sight in with 3/4 of a box and the rest are used on the hunt. if i cant kill in 4 shots i have no business out there. i don't even use camo, i got blue jeans, a flannel, ball cap, gun ,binos, old boots, water, jerky, and four bullets. and that equalls dead deer my friend!

But...but...but...if you ain't got no trail camera or deer drugs, how the heck can you ever find a deer to shoot? Do you just wander around willy-nilly and hope some buck takes pity on you and runs within range?

And no camo? Man, you're really roughing it, huh? I supposed you don't even use no steenkin' scent control stuff either, huh? -TONY

Hey!! Here's a great idea for leonard and the fish police! Let's ban game cameras to increase hunter opportunity!!

Mark

Geez, someone FINALLY makes a sensible suggestion. That's right on the mark, Mark!

ban cameras and baiting=lower success=more permits (opportunities) for the masses

And not only that, but it will be hunters cleaning up their act rather than the antis doing it for them as they did with the trapping issue here, lion hunt in CA and spring bear hunt in Colo. Way to go. -TONY

But...but...but...if you ain't got no trail camera or deer drugs, how the heck can you ever find a deer to shoot? Do you just wander around willy-nilly and hope some buck takes pity on you and runs within range?

And no camo? Man, you're really roughing it, huh? I supposed you don't even use no steenkin' scent control stuff either, huh? -TONY

good point i'd better get all them bells and whistles. racks on the wall and meat in the freezer is meaning less and less every year!

good point i'd better get all them bells and whistles. racks on the wall and meat in the freezer is meaning less and less every year!

Well good luck hunting. As long as you have your jerky along, you should be A-OK! -TONY