Sign in to follow this  
cmc

for you successful bow hunters

Besides a congrats to you for harvesting a deer with a bow....

Please please please.... contact the AZ Hunt of a Lifetime group and donate your tag!!!!

http://www.hoalarizona.org/

Again big congrats to you lucky few.

cmc

Besides a congrats to you for harvesting a deer with a bow....

Please please please.... contact the AZ Hunt of a Lifetime group and donate your tag!!!!

http://www.hoalarizona.org/

Again big congrats to you lucky few.

cmc

I donated my Dec. 23 tag this morning with help from the AZ GFD. I think I might do this every year, what a great organization!!

We have a hunter looking for a mule deer tag!! That will work great!

Email me if you can and let me know when you plan on sending it to us--we then will contact the hunter to let them know and work out the details of the hunt.

Thanks again folks!!

So then it is acceptable to donate your tag after you've filled your archery permit? Nobody elaborated the last time we talked about it.

Nevermind I figured it out. If you fill your archery tag PRIOR to drawing a rifle permit, then it's void. So, essentially you shouldn't have a rifle tag to donate ANYWAY if you played by the rules. Make sense????

You can only kill one deer a year and with a bow you already have--the youth hunter that will be getting the tag has not there fore his or her name will be transfered to that tag and essentially it was as if it never belonged to the hunter who shot his deer with his/her bow.

I hope i explained that clear?? ;)

I understand. Not that factoring in HOAL taken animals matter (because the #'s are so low), but essentially, another tag is alotted that wasn't accounted for. That's where I was going.

I love this (the HOAL) program!

Ok, I'm a little confused as always. :huh: How many tags can HOAL use each year? I cut my rifle coues tag up after I shot my deer last week not knowing I could donate this tag to{HOAL}.

TJ

Ok, I'm a little confused as always. :huh: How many tags can HOAL use each year? I cut my rifle coues tag up after I shot my deer last week not knowing I could donate this tag to{HOAL}.

TJ

Go get a duplicate and transfer that one. HOAL uses as many as they can.

TJ,

It all depends on how many hunters we have that need a tag. It would be wonderful if we had no hunters for tags but that isn't the case. We usually have 6 or 7 kids that want to hunt and most want an elk.

I hope that helps--basically there is no set number of how many tags can be transfered it only depends on the need of the tag.

TJ

I don't even think you need to go for a duplicate. Contact the G&F and AzHOL to make sure but I want to think they reprint a tag for the HOL hunter and your tag gets destroyed.

cmc