Sign in to follow this  
bgshooter

Oak Creek

Going camping at Cave Springs Campgrounds near Oak Creek this weekend. Is it pretty good fishing at that creek near the campground?

Thanks!!!

We camped at cave springs last summer. Two kids seemed to be doing ok near the rock cliff where everyone swims on the SW corner of the campground. That was before people started jumping off the rocks. Not sure if that is the same spot you are talking about?

We camped at cave springs last summer. Two kids seemed to be doing ok near the rock cliff where everyone swims on the SW corner of the campground. That was before people started jumping off the rocks. Not sure if that is the same spot you are talking about?

Could be. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the response.

It's really good fishing at the hatchery up the road.

LOL. I read the hatcheries release into the creek.

It's really good fishing at the hatchery up the road.

LOL. I read the hatcheries release into the creek.

There are 3 hatcheries on Oak Creek, 2 are operated by the AZGFD and one is private. The private place is called the Trout Farm and you pay to fish their ponds, used to be a 2 fish minimum and payed by the inch. Page Springs Fish hatchery stocks about 40,000 rainbows a year into Oak Creek, Cave Springs campground gets a fair amount every time the creek is stocked.

• Like 1

True on the trout farm, me and dad hunted up that way last year and I surprised him by stopping there and having him catch his dinner. He was like a little kid lol. Good eating

• Like 1