Outdoor Writer

For the hunter who has it all....

post-82-1189796931.jpg

Hunter's Specialties® New Butt Out Field Dressing Tool

Helps Keep Game Meat Free Of Contamination

Proper care of harvested animals in the field is essential to having quality, great-tasting game.

Cutting around and removing the anal canal on deer is a necessary step in field dressing that is difficult and potentially dangerous, often resulting in contaminated meat.

With Hunter’s Specialties new Butt Out big game field dressing tool, hunters can quickly and easily remove the anal alimentary canal on deer and deer-sized game.

At the start of the field dressing process, the tool should be inserted to the handle into the deer’s anal cavity, then turn it approximately 1 ½ turns and use the handle to pull out a 10-inch section of the deer’s intestine, which can then be cut off. Then the rest of the field-dressing job can be done quickly.

The Butt Out is light and compact; making it easy to carry in the field and it can be easily cleaned and disinfected for re-use.

The Butt Out has a suggested retail of $12.99.

Tony:

Any experience in the field with this tool?

KP

How can I have any experience with it since it's supposedly new and I never draw permits?? :lol:

Actually, I rarely field dress deer any longer. I just skin and either quarter or bone them out on the spot. Which one I choose depends on how far from camp or the vehicle I happen to be.

That said, I always used the tried and true method of cutting around the anus and tying it off with a small piece of twine. -TONY

It's been out a while, I've seen it in various catalogs such as Sportsmans Guide and Cabelas.

Good point, if you're skinning/quartering then it's a moot point.

KP

Tony:

Any experience in the field with this tool?

KP

How can I have any experience with it since it's supposedly new and I never draw permits?? :lol:

Actually, I rarely field dress deer any longer. I just skin and either quarter or bone them out on the spot. Which one I choose depends on how far from camp or the vehicle I happen to be.

That said, I always used the tried and true method of cutting around the anus and tying it off with a small piece of twine. -TONY

Tony, whats the difference between 50 yards away from the truck and 100 yards?!?!?! :D

Tony, whats the difference between 50 yards away from the truck and 100 yards?!?!?! :D

Geez, Casey, I thought you went to college? Even my 11-yr. old granddaughter knows the answer; it's 50 yards of course. :rolleyes: -TONY