Sign in to follow this  
Guest 300ultramag.

week 1 of archery bull

Guest 300ultramag.

We had a lion and a coyote come into the cow call which was pretty amazing (4 yds).And the weather couldnt have been nicer.

Be back soon!

Wow to be labeled a poacher on opening day :blink: I sure would have been pi$$ed off myself for one. :angry:

Anyhow looks like you will have alot of memories of this hunt for years to come and stories to tell to boot ;)

I would have done the samething in that situation if it was my father on that hunt as well. Mrs. HC and I have a Muley tags this year and my father (recent stroke)is coming along and I know it will alter the way I normally hunt the unit we are in but that does not bother me what so ever. It sure is a kick in the pants when he goes on the hunts with us. :lol:

Any how good luck on your next hunt and I hope it will be with your Father and family.

A family that hunts together stay's together. ;)

why'd they think you poached an elk? like i've said before, in most buuny sherrif's eyes, we're all criminals, we just ain't been caught yet. did they ever talk to you? as far as the elk moving, that's elk. you hafta go where they are. i don't get the correllation between the azgfd and the elk moving? doesn't the season last another week? Lark. p.s. i never seen a 360 bull that i wouldn't poke an arrow in. even if there was a 400 bull around. if i were your brother, i'd be back at em hot and heavy the last part of the season. that's usually the best anyway.

What the heck?? I'm with you all....holy moly...what happened?????

Guest 300ultramag.
What the heck?? I'm with you all....holy moly...what happened?????

I took it all off myself, I was genuinely upset and now Im over it I dont want to be judged as an a-hole... I am a very passive person and I felt that the post didnt represent the person that I am.I will have pics up soon!

Duck season is around the corner. I missed a wood duck last year and I am hoping to wing 1 this year If ne 1 wants to cast & blast PM me!

man, i love duck hunting!!! i was out all 3 weekends dove hunting and was drooling over some of the ponds that had water in em'.can't wait for it to open.i got my first canvasback down south a couple of years ago.

Saw a pond up north on Saturday that had 40+ teal and 1/2 doz mallards on it already.

BOOOM!

Guest 300ultramag.
man, i love duck hunting!!! i was out all 3 weekends dove hunting and was drooling over some of the ponds that had water in em'.can't wait for it to open.i got my first canvasback down south a couple of years ago.

I actually got into an argument w/ my huntin buddy because he told me he got a canvas back down south as well and I called BS. I guess I owe him an apology. OK so now I have located a few duck hunters.... has any one seen or where to locate any redheads. The last weekend of the season in 06 I took my wife out and I shot 2 green-winged teal in 1 shot (the male and female).SWEEEEET.

So she is going to get another invite this year...........maybe!

yeah, that was a day to remember. i glassed up this pond and i swear there was over 150 ducks on it. i've never seen 1 with that many birds on it. So when i got up to it and crawled over the berm i spotted him about 15 yards out and with my first shot when they flew up i hit 3 birds and got 2 more with my last 2 shots. talk about an awesome day. the other birds were mostly widgeons, mallards and ringnecks.