Sign in to follow this  
Billinsd

How to keep eyepiece covers on Swarv 15x56s?

I have the 15x56 Swarovskis and the front covers stay on pretty good. However, the rear piece that fits over the part you see through, the eyepiece, does not stay on well.

I went and got some breaded fishing string and tied the eyepiece cover to the rear of the bino, so I will not loose it in the field. Anyway the eyecup piece does not stay on well and I found using a big rubber band keeps them on the best.

What do you all do?

Thanks

Bill

I have a piece of sting I tied them on with, so I won't lose them.

Often times I want to put the eye covers on while I'm taking a quick rest during the day and don't want to take them off the tripod and put them away but I still want to keep sun and dust off of the lens.

I have my neck strap on mine and that keeps them on--with the neck strap they never come off.

I'm with Amanda, I tossed them and bought a Crooked Horn Bino cover. It keeps them clean and dry and strapped against your chest. Also prevents brush from scratching them.

Kevin

I dont use'm n e more, i got a Snug Rug case, and i love it

I used the neck strap and then duct taped the strap a little bit so they don't roll all the way down, my dad uses these string leathers long enough for the covers to drop down below his chin when he takes em off.

The idea of not using a rainguard on swaros makes me CRINGE!

Thanks everyone. You know I thought I saw somewhere on the site, maybe it was another, doh!!!

Someone had used a strip of leather with a eyelet in each end and then another one and had them together with his carrying strap.

I cannot seem to find it, I wonder how I could easily make something like that or buy something like that?

Bill

I use the bino cover as well. It slips over the binos. I use it on my bigger binos in my pack as well as the 10s around my neck. When i have my tripod binos out and want to do a little shut eye i just slip the cover back over the binos. I also do not like the sun on my glass if i can help it.

Theres a pretty good bino harness made by IPI called the Bino Manager. They fit good in them and don't swing out from your chest. It has a flap that covers the top of the glasses real well.

I have more issues with the objective covers myself. When I attach them on the objectives, I can't get the glasses to close far enough for me to glass out of. I've tried staggering the rubber but they won't close enough for my close set eyes. I already lost a pair of them because they were't attached to the glasses (only had them two months). I just kept taking them on and off and forgot about them one time. 33 bucks to get new ones will make me have to think of something though <_<