Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

I don't get the bear regs??

When listening to the bear hotline it goes over "Individual Harvest Limit" and "Annual Harvest Limit". I get that Annual means theyre all done till end of year.

But, lets use 28 for example. in the 2016 Spring regs book it makes no mention whatsoever of unit 28. But in the 2016-17 regs book it shows a season for general bear 9-30 to 12-31 with a female harvest limit of 1. But in the Annual harvest limit at the bottom of the page it says two, but I see no other hunts for 28?

What am I missing here. On the hotline it says "Individual" limit has been met but makes no mention of "Annual". Can I interpret this that 28 is open to kill one more female before the end of the year. Please dumb it down for me!

28 only has one season. So the individual harvest limit is the annual harvest limit. Currently unit 28 is closed until next fall

"The Annual Female Harvest

Limit is comprised of any female bear killed

by a hunter or the Department"

So I am guessing if G&F had to euthanize 2 female bears in unit 28 for some reason earlier in the year, the hunt would never have opened in the first place.

Regardless, if the female harvest limit has been met for the hunt, the hunt is closed.

Ok so I guess "Individual" is because there is one season. Then why does it say the annual limit is 2 at the bottom of the page? When was the other season if it says 2?

"The Annual Female Harvest

Limit is comprised of any female bear killed

by a hunter or the Department"

So I am guessing if G&F had to euthanize 2 female bears in unit 28 for some reason earlier in the year, the hunt would never have opened in the first place.

Regardless, if the female harvest limit has been met for the hunt, the hunt is closed.

Then shouldn't the message have said that the "Annual" harvest has been met, instead of saying the "Individual" harvest has been met?

Apparently only one female was killed by a hunter during the hunt.

I think the only way the annual limit would come into play is if the dept had to euthanize 2 female bears in unit 28 earlier in the year for some reason.

Or one by the dept and one by a hunter...

Mr Natural and Oz are correct, don't forget about the hunter pool applications and population management hunts.

post-2686-0-35469800-1479442206_thumb.png

• Like 1