Green Bullet

backpacking tent and bag recommendations

tarp tent: light, strong, comfortable for one, snug for 2,

bag: older campmor down bag, I also use a lighter bag for warmer weather and a colder bag if needed.

Check the weather, one tent or a tarp will serve but one bag probably won't.

Bivy's: Warm but you can't get dressed/undressed, and if you spend DAYS in a tent due to weather a bivy is not a good choice.

Down bag: lighter, I've never had an issue with getting the wet, but I take care of my stuff and prevent it from getting wet.

Opinions vary, obviously

• Like 1

Lesson I learned.

Whatever you decide to go with, take it truck camping for a 2 to 3 night adventure. Take back up equipment in case you have some equipment malfunctions or surprises.

I learned I hated my Nallo3gt because my feet touched the top of the tent when I was on my cot. I'm 6'5" and the angle of the roof bugged me. I sold it and bought one with a door on both ends. A Kaitum3gt. With the huge vestibule on one end and a small one on the other. We have slept 3 people in it. 2 in the tent part and one in the vestibule with the footprint down.

We divide the poles, pegs and footprint and tent among us to pack in.post-3516-0-24643900-1480694375_thumb.jpgpost-3516-0-37857700-1480694398_thumb.jpgpost-3516-0-33265300-1480694429_thumb.jpgpost-3516-0-96565200-1480694449_thumb.jpg

Been stuck in both of them for a prob 36 to 48 hours. They performed perfectly. Since you put them up and take them down with the rainfly/outerwall attached, if you have to take it down in the rain, move and re setup, the inner tent stays dry. Not a normal occurrence, but a nice safety net.