Zeke-BE

CWT group effort Wildcat Rifle build

Final Load!!!!!! Going to settle here. After 3 different powders, accubonds, ELDs, Bergers finally settled on

6.5 Horndy ELD-x 143

60.5 g H-1000 (very good node between 60.2-60.9 with very little velocity and grouping change)

3,105 pfs

Fed 210 Match primer

I was able to get 3200 fps many times with other powder and H-1000 but with only 1-1/4 groupings. I was really shooting for 1/2 MOA and kept getting 0.633 at 100 yards. Today shooting at 200 yards to sight in the scope, and at 200 yards really showed my MOA groupings, which ended up at less then 1/2 MOA.

post-12761-0-89457500-1499454211_thumb.jpg

Now if I can get this at exactly 1/2 at 200 yards I would be a happy camper!! But I bought a Antelope tag in New Mexico and want to get going on my drops for long range.

I do have ELDm 147 6.5 coming and I do want to see if I can push these the same velocity. Even if Im at 50 fps slower than the 143s the 0.697 BC past 400 yards and out to 1200 yards is going faster than the 143s and less wind drift. Sounds awesome!! But for hunting this year Ill stick with the 143s

Also side note my cold bore was a little high but then all the rest ended 1/2 MOA. That is normal correct? Or do I need to work on that?

I would sight in for your CB shot. And the keep the following shot difference in mind if you need a follow up. You want 1st shot going where you want it.

• Like 4

I'll second the cold bore zero. The cold bore shot being off from the group is fairly common. Military and L/E snipers are well aware of it and in most cases favor a cold bore zero. Their mentality is that the first shot counts, not if I miss I will just shoot again.

• Like 2