Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

rough rider one

The concept of this being a united country seems to have substantially eroded due to coddling those whose loyalties remain somewhere else. I am from a family of German immigrants. My grandparents all spoke fluent German. I was born here. I am an American, not a German. That, in many cases, no longer seems to be the prevailing attitude. I am all for keeping part of your heritage, I love a plate of brats and kraut with a dark beer.

• Like 2

I too am from England, Irish, and German immigrant decent. Our country was founded on this premise of immigration. I can't see how anyone can deny this heritage and not be supportive of future immigration privileges........"legal immigration" that is. Surely Trump supports this. Unfortunately this issue has been highly politicised by the liberal left. After all the legal immigrants that have followed the process and more importantly the legal ones that are currently standing in line to become legal immigrants it is totally wrong to disrespect the legal immigration policy and push those diligent people to the back of the line. Republicans (which I am a member of the party) need to do a better job of communicating the sidebar issues surrounding immigration. It is common sense......includes public safety..... and should be an easy issue to resolve if Republicans would just communicate better over the ridiculous politically oriented quacking from the liberal left!!!!

I am full blooded Cherokee Indian and you're ALL tourists . Just kidding...Totally agree with the OP.

• Like 1

This made me think of two guys I met a number of times, years back. They worked for a commercial electrical contractor and I would occasionally deliver equipment to them. The two men were from the Bosnia / Serbia area and arrived here shortly after the conflict on work visas. One day I was delivering to their jobsite down by the Estrella Mountains. We were unloading a large piece of equipment when we heard the sound of fighter aircraft approaching low and fast. Work stopped for the free airshow as pairs of F-15s flew over. One of these men made the comment “they are angels”. Believing he had the wrong word I said “they are eagles”. I was corrected and learned a little about their past. The two were from an ethnic or religious group that had been targeted for genocide. They had effective infantry to cover the rear of their retreating refugee column but were attacked daily from the air. One day the planes coming to bomb them started exploding in mid-air. Another group of planes took their place and one circled in low waving its wings. The American flag was clearly visible on its tail. They were never bombed again. I stood corrected, they were angels. These were two of the most pro-American guys I have ever met and they were not even citizens. Last I knew they had applied for US citizenship. I hope they got it.

• Like 3