Bucks_N_Yotes

Campout in 6A for the october hunt

I saw that their is going to be a get together in 36, why not 6A? I am going up by my self on the 24th in the evening, or hte 25th in the morning. If anyone is intrested let me know!!

SF, we will be camped on 25th near the power line road, with a grey toyota and pewter chevy pup. I think we will hunt by just driving the roads and let all the other hunters in the area chase em up for us... :P :rolleyes:

Where will you be at?

I will be up there scouting that weekend, so I will stop by and see you guys. Darren, are you guys camping by the old cabin? David

I think that I will be camping off of the 9247B on the south east side. I have a red f350, and a camo ranger.

TwoGuns, what side of the powerlines and where about do you think that your going to be?

I think we will be camped on the north side of the hwy, which is north of the old cabin. I believe that is called salmon lake on the map, and if you go north about 1.5 miles and go right through the gate we will be just north of that gate on the left under two small juniper trees, next to a small prickly pear cactus, between a few jack pines. We were camped there last weekend, and at about 9:30 at night we turn on the spot light from camp we see a small 2x2 WT buck about 120 yards up the hill. He could care less we were there and didnt react to the light at all, just kept about his business. :huh:

I have been up that way before, and saw a few in that area. I think I am going to start off thrs morning on the south side of 260 off of the powerlines, check a few water holes and canyons, then I will have to run up your way and catch up with you guys!

I have been up that way before, and saw a few in that area. I think I am going to start off thrs morning on the south side of 260 off of the powerlines, check a few water holes and canyons, then I will have to run up your way and catch up with you guys!

Right on, sounds like a good plan. I love that area down the power lines. too bad the road is so crappy. I am not sure what time we will be able to get up the hill thursday...depends on work schedules, so we are not sure at this point.

I should be up their around five in the morning if everything goes well. I was up their for a short time on Sunday, it was to dang windy!! I will keep my eyes open for you guys!!

Im leaving wed.Ill be on the north of the 260 in the big canyons where the big smart grey ghost lives....TO rough of country for road hunters..Ill start partying when casper hanging.....Shoot whom i fooling wheres the bourbon n hotcoco at.....Whats the weather going to be like anyway.....? "ARARAROOOOOOO"

This original topic was in 2007 but you should find deer where you are planning on going, but you may not find Two guns or Sunset

I dropped by last year to meet some CWTers, but all I got was strange looks from strangers and a warm beer. Go figure I was off by a year. :rolleyes: ;)