Sign in to follow this  
Coueshunter77

New Mexico Elk

Results will be out last of April normally if my memory is correct

April 26 to be exact. ☺

And they will send you an email! Not days later either, first thing! So wished Arizona would modernize our draw system!

• Like 1

Is there a bonus pt code or do you just put in for a high demand unit if you have no points and want to start building points without getting drawn this year?

Is there a bonus pt code or do you just put in for a high demand unit if you have no points and want to start building points without getting drawn this year?

New Mexico doesn't have a point system. If you are considering applying for hunts there, I'd highly recommend you read their hunting rules and regulations, it's a lot different than Arizona in some ways.

Results will be out last of April normally if my memory is correct

April 26 to be exact. ☺

And they will send you an email! Not days later either, first thing! So wished Arizona would modernize our draw system!

The NM system is much simpler than the AZ system. Remember the K.I.S.S. principal? Keep It Simple Stupid. With the exception of % quotas for resident, guided non resident & non resident it is a straight 1 pass lottery. The tags are already paid for before they are drawn. It is a simple "old school" system and they can get it done quick and easy. The AZ system with bonus points and a 3 pass system is complicated. Not charging for the tags up front only adds complications and delays. Arguably AZ needs to simplify it as much as they need to modernize it. Today I just had a last minuet date conflict with my NM elk app. I deleted it, surrendered the app fee ($13 ?) and entered a new app with different dates before the deadline. Now that is modern. Yes, the email from NM is sure nice. You don't even need to be bothered to sign into your account to check. I have 2 words for that "customer service".

• Like 2