bcoover, I have been up there 7 times since been drawn. Wow, lots of sign and seen some monsters. Have a couple treestands up on water, hope it doesn't rain. Are they vocal this time of year? Been looking down low and like what I've seen.

bcoover, just emailed you. It is the whole unit.

bcoover, emailed you back, thanks. Whoa!! very nice!

If a kid is on a high school football team, he better play. I can understand that one.

Mike

Hey BCoover,

I was reading your post on November 5th about your trip to 23. Where are the photos??? I'm hungry for some 23 buck action to get me by till Dec 17th. Help me out...................I'm jonesin!!!!!! I'll be in the unit tomorrow for a little pack trip....maybe i'll have time to glass too. P.S. I saw photos of a nice buck from somewhere around the rim (unknown unit) from the archery hunt. It was a whopper!!!!!! I was privileged enough to see them second hand from some other people so I can't post 'em.

Couesi1

What tends to get under my skin is when "non-serious hunters" get a tag when they think they want one, and then let a long drive or a football game on TV or something else take priority and not even go.

Well let me say this about that ......

I'm flying 1,657 miles and driving over 10 hours to be in that unit on Dec 17th. I was kinda disapointed when Rembrant said there are "NO" WT Deer there....... Let me look at that tag again !!!! Yep it says 12/17 to 12/31 unit #23. I first thought I maybe got my numbers transposed and ment to write in 32 on the party app for my son, Tod and I. Then I tought "wait" wern't those WT bucks we saw last Dec during the 23N Cow Elk hunt? In fact wasen't that the biggest Coues, (of the three runnen together) a lot bigger that any Coues, I have ever seen. I saw quite a few on my first and only other Coues hunt back in '97, unit 34a, the last time I drew !!!!

No indeedy, I'm not going to let this tag go un-hunted.

It'll be my son's first deer hunt. He is 38. Believe me after this hunt he will be hooked on Coues.

Like I've said before I'm just looking forward to some time around the campfire with my son and being with him when and if he connects on his first buck. I'fn I connect, on one of those grey desert ghosts, it's just iceing on the cake.

Good luck to you guys ..... it would be nice to get together for a beer.

Johnnie

Muskeg,

I like your attitude. If I wasn't gonna live off my back for the entire hunt in a place where only crazy people venture, I'd try to hook up with you.

And I didn't say there are no whitetail deer in 23. What I said is, "There are no deer of any kind in 23."

I don't know why people don't believe me!!?

I hope you and your son can find those illeged bucks. You guys weren't hittin the beer a few hours early on that cow hunt were ya.... when you saw those bucks?

I appreciate your effort!

Mike

Tell you what Johnnie,

If you wanna pm me with an approximate location of your camp, what you are driving and what time frame (dates) you'll be there; and If I kill one of those imaginary deer, I'll bring him by and show you.

It would be fun to meet you.

Mike

Thanks for the invite Bcoover.

I'm gonna hike in the day before the hunt and stay gone for a while. I don't think you'll see me in Young.

I Appreciate it.

Mike

bcoover,

I have hunted 23 for along time and taken some nice ones out of there. If everyone thinks that there is no deer in there that is a good thing.

Good Luck on your hunt :)

There are no deer of any kind in this unit. If people were smart they would hunt somewhere else!

Mike