Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

H4350-Mail order works-but at a cost

I found some H4350 online. I put what I needed in my cart and then wondered if I added some more if it would ship. I had primers I ordered not be instock and they canceled the order. Imagine my surprise when it showed up. All of it! I have 1 8lb jug and 3 1lb cans to spare. With tax, shipping and hazmat fees. I will not ship it. I live in Chandler but work in Downtown Phoenix.

1lb can---

8lb keg---

• Like 1

As info. Smokeless powder is regulated as a flammable solid by DOT until the weight of the shipment hits 100 pounds. After that DOT regulations require it be shipped as an explosive. Now it becomes much harder to find a carrier who will transport it. If you are looking to get the most out of your shipping and HAZ MAT fee dollar you will probably achieve it by buying close to 100 pounds of powder without going over.

• Like 1

I didn't buy this to make any money. Some of you know I work part time at a gunshop. I have had this powder in our carts with all the distributors for months now. I got fed up with waiting so I went online and found some. I have no problems keeping it all but I thought someone else might need some.