COOSEFAN

I just got back from a Dream Hunt!!!

ALRIGHTYTHEN........I just figured this pix thingy out! Here it is, sorry but my camera phone sucks. I have the B+C reticle in my VX-III and it has to be zeroed at 200 yrds in order for the additional crosshairs to be accurate. I got 'er zeroed at 200 and then shot my 300yrd target and this was my first 3 shot group! Again, I'm not that much of a rifle hunter, so this was a big deal for me, I was pretty excited to get the ol' .270 to shoot this good! Poor little Couesies are in trouble! JIM>

Shootinggg.jpg

That's awesome Jimbo! I might have to barrow that gun while were down there. What bullets were you shooting?

I've been using Federal Vital-shok 130gr Ballistic Tips, but have never been really happy with how those do out to and past 300yrds, so I've been trying several different bullets, brands and wieght. Believe it or not, the cheapest bullet I've used is the Federal Power-shok 130gr Soft Points and at $11.00 a box, my .270 AND my wallet LOVE em! So that's what I'm using now. I've also found that the barrel HAS to be dirty, the shooting forks HAVE to be in the same spot on the forearm, I HAVE to grab the rifle the same way, let out the same amount of breath, AND calculate the shot between heart beats! I aint jokin' here! Is it just my gun, or are most guns this tempermental? My gun is the Winchester Classic Featherweight so it has a very light and thin barrel and is overall very light in build. I do have to cool the rifle down after every third shot 'cause the barrel heats up too fast and it's noticeable how the bullets travel off center as it heats up!

Coosefan, I have the same scope as you do but it's topped on a .300winmag.

I dialed mine in at 200 yards and got 2inch group at 300yds, I'm usually not a great shot at that distance so it really blew my hat off how well they were hitting. Have you tried it outside of 300 yds yet? It's darn well right on to 500 yards, it's seems unreal how well the scope works, glad you like it too.

Jim-

I take it you can shoot better than Casey :o :rolleyes:

Thats funny..... :blink: NOT! :angry: And actually, I can shoot really really well of a bench :D

Brian, I would have sent my accubonds towards the buck first also...

and my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th as well :D

then, if i have any shots left id shoot at the lion :D

Coosefan, I have the same scope as you do but it's topped on a .300winmag.

I dialed mine in at 200 yards and got 2inch group at 300yds, I'm usually not a great shot at that distance so it really blew my hat off how well they were hitting. Have you tried it outside of 300 yds yet? It's darn well right on to 500 yards, it's seems unreal how well the scope works, glad you like it too.

Yeah I really like this scope and I'm also gonna put one on my 300WM as well. From prior experience, if I'm shooting under 2" at 100, 200, and 300 yards, then I will be right in there out to my 500 yard mark as well! All the conditions you are faced with on any given day in the feild come into play though, so you just have to take those into consideration when shooting those farther distances, but the scope is set to make the shots! This scope and this rifle have killed 7 Coues bucks in the last 2 years! (5 were mine) There hasn't been one Coues to escape yet!!! ( now that I said that, my fingers are crossed :unsure: )

BTW........I shot the Lion first because I had already killed a 120" "triple dropper" the night before, so I really didn't need another one :P

Dang!!! That was great!!! It dang sure gets a guy all fired up!! But, Jimbo...... if you get to live out that dream...... shoot the buck first..... the cat will freeze and give you a quick shot opp. ;)