Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Hunting form a blind

I've been hunting out of blinds for 30yrs and have seen it all or heard the crazy stories that others have had. Stolen, burnt to the ground, gas poured all over inside and out, elk trashed, bear trashed, thrown in water holes and so on. I personally haven't had any big problems. Sometimes I have had someone sitting when I get there but that's OK with me. I don't own the spot but I do own the blind. I usually let the hunter continue to hunt or I tell him I am there to retrieve my blind. It has always worked out between me and the other hunter. Just because you have a blind on water doesn't give you a right to hunt it if someone is already there and I don't mean sitting in your blind just sitting on the water fist. If it's water then get there first even if it means hours before daylight. I like to sit up a few days before the hunt starts and check on it everyday. Most of my blinds are within a blind I have made from surrounding material.This way the game are use to this blind before you set your's inside it.

Good luck on the hunt. :)

TJ

I killed my first coues from a blind- at point blank. He actually started stomping at the thing (with me in it) at about 2 ft.

Anyways, If I were going to use one leave it up for at least 3 days and brush it up.

They also attract lightning from what I can tell. Here's a pic of 1 of 2 blinds that got nuked on a mountain in 22S. It took me a minute to figure out what exactly that thing used to be.

post-12305-0-54167900-1490887910_thumb.jpg

• Like 2