Anyone care to share pictures and details about their dslr setups. Whether you use it for photography or videoing hunts???

Lots of stuff on the interwebs, but would be cool to find some locals to talk to about it...

Look at the Nikon 18-300 lens. Can handle 95% of whatever you need. Then learn how to use the camera really well. To post edit get a camera that can shoot in RAW.

Thanks. I have the camera. More looking for peoples experience with tripod vs monopod, gimbals, mic equipment etc... and specifics to who is hoofing it around on foot.

• Like 1

My main focus is landscapes, so my gear is selected that way. Currently my bag has a Nikon D810, Nikon 14-24mm, Tamron 24-70, Nikon 70-200 f/4 and Nikon 200-500.

If your focus will be wildlife, rec may be the Nikon D7200 or D500, 200-500 or 150-600 (although heavier, Sigma Sport is the best in the 150-500).

For wildlife on the Canon side, there is the 7D body. Canon has a nice 400mm f/5.6 for a lot less than an f/4. Their new 100-400mm is reportedly good too.

Sigma just came out with a good 500mm prime.

I can't help with the video rec, but suspect a dedicated video camera would be better than a dslr.

• Like 1

If I am chasing elk, I typically run a 400mm f4 Tamron on my D7100, with a Benro monopod supporting the lens. Most any other wildlife shots, I am using a tripod. I don't shoot video, so no help there.