So I am heading out to 23 for some rest relaxation and hopefully whitetail buck shooting with my kids! Been out several times and have seen some decent bucks and hopefully will find them today or tomorrow so my kids will have an exciting hunt on Sat. I would really like to see them drill a couple as this is their first hunt(and I promised my son I would take him to WY antelope hunting next year if he does not kill anything !! :blink: ) Good luck to everyone else, and I will be driving a grey on grey cummins with a headache rack and camping in a kit trailer if anyone is in my neck of the woods!! ag

Well all I killed was time! :( We saw several deer but all the bucks we saw were spikes. Too bad it wasnt AZ, my kids could have taken some shots. I did however see and hear several wolves :angry: I wonder if they are affecting the deer herds there, I only heard 4 shots the entire hunt, last year we heard that opening morning. I did see some lion tracks that were fresh(over mine!! :blink: ) that may have screwed things up a little, but I had been seeing shooter bucks where I had been scouting and where I hunted. Oh well there is always next year I guess. Oh and I saw a large black bear on my way home and of course he was in private property! :o All in all it was great to be out and enjoy the outdoors with my kids on their first hunt. AG

Dude... that bites... At least you had a good time... I am surprised you saw any deer it has been so dang hot.... Hey I think you are operating on my mother-in-law in a few weeks... Can you carve my initials in her foot? or maybe make her scar look like Jesus... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason

Dang man! I was pulling for you. Maybe we can get together and you can shoot some yotes with yer .257. that ought to make you feel better. Take it easy on my little Hunter man when you cast him up!! Later>>Jason

Hey guys, Just got back from my hunt and spotting coues was tough this year. To Hot!!! They were at the bottom of canyons in the thick stuff. Never did see antlers. Saw some does and fawns. Tough hunt but fun to say the least. Good luck to all you 23 hunters......I think your going to need it. Hope it cools down for you, jake

J,

If I carve the Virgin Mary on her leg we can take a pic and sell it for 10000 on ebay and pay for a mexico hunt !!! oh if I am going to carve on her who is she? ag

Looks like you did the same as us. We did see a number of Small bucks and only got into a few decent ones only to have my Dad miss oh well, thats why they call it hunting. The nice thing is that between myself and my son we found 7 shed to include a nice coues set in unit 22. :D Glad to here that you guys also had fun.

Man, you guys are discouraging :( Tell me where you went so I can look somewhere else! :rolleyes: I am headed out to 23 soon to hunt Mon-Wed. I'll be hunting by myself and just looking to tag any Coues buck and have a nice time. Hope I get luckier than the hot Oct weather!

Lance

Good luck on your hunt. I was supposed to be leaving for unit 23 today for my mule deer hunt.

I found a nice 160" class mulie buck when I was elk hunting there in September. Unfortunately, a work schedule will not allow

me to go on my New Mexico hunt, as I need what little time I can get off at Thanksgiving to help out on an HOAL elk hunt in Arizona unit 27. I was camped down by Pueblo park and saw those mulies north of there, but I did not see any whitetail.

Hey lance...Howd ya do??????? Jake

I wondered around looking for deer and the type of Coues deer hunting and glasing areas that I like to hunt. I was there Monday, Teusday and Wednesday morning. So 2 1/2 days. I spent alot of time finding out that there were no Coues deer in some areas :unsure: :P But thanks to a couple of good people (Red Rabit and others) who made some suggestions on where to hunt and I was able to spend some quality time in some good country. I saw lots of Whitetail and three little bucks. I did not shoot anything, but, I did find where I am going to shoot big ones from now on! :blink: ;) I cant wait to find out more about the country I saw and cant wait to go back!

Thanks for asking, I wish I had some pictures to share this time. I plan on having some next time of corse! ;)

Lance