You are right jim those have the same looking rack on top. The second one might have even been a wider buck in the future.

Congrats on a great buck!! Your friend also got a very nice one as well. I love the mass on the buck that you killed. It looks like the bucks had pretty good sized bodies as well. Did you weigh how much meat you ended up with?

I also got lucky last week on my NM muzzleloader deer hunt and killed this 87 5/8" buck. The bone in hindquarters, boned out front quarters, and backstraps weighed in at 40 pounds.

post-213-1194195558_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everyone for your comments. Congrats on a great looking buck there. It seems like you get one about every year. That's awesome. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to weigh mine but we are thinking at least 110 field dressed. We were able to weigh Jim's and the previous Coues he got and they both went about 70 - 75 pounds. Mine was quite a bit bigger then his so we are fairly confident about the 110 mark. We have also weighed quite a few young muleys so we had somewhat of a reference.

Thanks again everyone.

Travis