Sign in to follow this  
452b264

165 gr. VLD .277 CAL.

I ask the new owner of Matrix Bullets about the availability of 165 gr. VLD Caliber .277 for my 270 Win. at the time he didnt have the dies, the previous owner took them with him when he sold the company. Below is a response to my previous inquiry. If anyone would like to spit 500 bullets with me let me know, I dont want to buy that many until I find a load for the rifle. As orders start coming in he will keep up the production for future orders.

Steve Baardsen
11:13 AM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Guys

I have good news on the 270 bullets.

The previous owner and I have an agreement to pick up the dies in about 2 weeks because I am leaving for a big match early next week for a week. In the communication between us I got confused in the jackets I needed to make the 165’s. It turns out I have access to the same jackets the previous owner used without much delay from another vendor. The Bergers that I was requested to get make 147 match bullets and these are the bullets that he uses. These are a 5 – 6 month delivery at this time.

When I get the dies I will be able to make the following bullets and I will take orders for all of them.

147 VLD match bullets – Delivery would be about December / January 2018 due to jacket deliveries.

165 VLD hunting bullets – Delivery would be August – using original hunting jackets.

175 VLD – match bullets – Delivery would be July - using match jackets

Once I get the website modified so you can place the orders (which should be early next week) then after I get back I will place the orders for the jackets. Deliveries for the jackets should be mid to 3rd week July. I will run the bullets immediately upon arrival of the jackets and deliveries will start about mid-August.

After that first fulfillment of orders then I will try to keep the 165’s instock.

I still am asking for a minimum order of 500 bullets. I will hold the cost at $52 USD per box which is the last cost that the previous owner was selling them at. I will need in increase the cost of the shipping but that will be a flat fee for 500 bullets and quote from the PO after that for larger quantities.

Thanks for the interest and look forward to hearing from you more when I get the website up and running with the modifications.

Steve

That is good news. I always wondered why .277 never really had a large selection of long range bullets.

The 165 gr Matrix works real well in the 270 win.

Why not just go with the 170 grain VLD bullet from Berger?

Twist rate? I know a lot of 10 twist we're stabilizing the matrix Bullets and not the bergers.

That is correct. I have 200 170 gr. Bergers but Im so busy I dont have time to work with them. I have a 1/9 twist, the box for the Bergers says 1/8.3 I think they will do ok in my rifle. I would like to try those Matrix 165 gr. though which do ok in a 1/10 twist.