Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Hunting has Changed for the Worst...

Extreme long range shooting has not been good for the sport. My opinion. Too many hunters believe they can do it because they believe the hype. Lots of wounded animals never recovered. What has happened to the idea of getting as close as possible to make an ethical shot? That is the spirit of hunting. Again, my opinion.

Bill V

• Like 4

My bad - I had seen so many background pics of this setup where the rifles are still horizontal and rigid ... I figured the tripod was holding it there. (Lol - it is, isn't it?)

I shoot off my tripod as well. Just slip a styrofoam pad over my swavorski adapter to create a makeshift shooting platform. It'll do in a pinch, but I usually only shoot 300 - 400 max. Hats off to those that can confidently shoot further (if it's all you)

post-4881-0-17405500-1500695946_thumb.jpg

A rear mono pod and front bipod are solid as a rock. But the animal kinda needs to be sitting in one spot and you have to find the right spot to put the gun. Shooting off a couple back packs is nice

Guest oneshot

A rear mono pod and front bipod are solid as a rock. But the animal kinda needs to be sitting in one spot and you have to find the right spot to put the gun. Shooting off a couple back packs is nice

Drew a rifle tag, first time in over 20years i put in for them... I have a spot I send folks for Rifle Coues I'll be using myself, it is an outcropping of stone with bench-like seating, cactus pole with burlap wired to it for cover and as a shooting rest, over watching an area where i bow hunt... (175-??? yds)

Shooting off a back-pack is how i was trained and it works well...

Drew a rifle tag, first time in over 20years i put in for them... I have a spot I send folks for Rifle Coues I'll be using myself, it is an outcropping of stone with bench-like seating, cactus pole with burlap wired to it for cover and as a shooting rest, over watching an area where i bow hunt... (175-??? yds)

Shooting off a back-pack is how i was trained and it works well...

I'm just a plinker and seldom shoot past 200 yards but I like shooting off a back pack too, with a jacket rolled up on top of it. It doesn't seem any less stable than my bipod and I feel like I can get back on target faster without the bipod weight on the front end.