Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Hunting has Changed for the Worst...

I blame Kuiu, Flat Brimmed Hats and Trail Cameras in that order.

I should have added I'm head to toe kuiu lol. But no douch brims

It's all about "likes" "followers" and getting that prostaff status.

If you have Facebook, holy crap people can't tell the difference between a bobcat and jaguar.

ive been trying to find that post ive seen it mentioned a few times lmao.

i get a kick out of the pro staff dudes promoting gear and giving expert opinions and theyve only killed a spike coues in their life.

With out there expertise what would they blog about???

I blame Kuiu, Flat Brimmed Hats and Trail Cameras in that order.

What about dudes that dont smile in their pics?

Seems that gets a lot of snowflakes triggered to the max.

• Like 1

I have to agree with a lot that has been said here. The only way hunting is a competitive sport is against yourself. Each person should decide if they want to shoot an animal or have tag soup. It seems like some are more interested in getting high fives. I love to see big racks but that is more in respect for the animal than the hunter.

I remember when I was taken out of school for a week to go hunting back in the 70's and 80's they were excused absences from school. I took all my school work with me and did it everyday. Now if I want to take my daughters out of school for hunting they are unexcused. No work sent with them, they have to make it all up when they get back. I guess you can't learn how to take a standardized test out in the wilderness.

The majority of the the hunting shows really aren't about hunting anyhow. They are to promote the newest products to make you a better hunter. That is why I only enjoy four shows: Fresh Tracks, Meat Eater, Bowhunt or Die, and Gritty Bowmen. Not nearly as much I wore x boots, with y jacket, and z pants, used the ? call, had to have an ozonics with my scent killer , etc.,etc.,etc..

• Like 1

That is why I only enjoy four shows: Fresh Tracks, Meat Eater, Bowhunt or Die, and Gritty Bowmen. ..

Western Hunter and Into High Country are good .

• Like 1

Everything changes... Music, fashion, trucks, whatever. They older we get, the less we like how things are in the present. As I get older I find myself complaining about how things are. But in the end, I live in the best country in the world and no matter how much I can't stand certain things, as long as no laws are broken, they have a right to do whatever and hunt however they choose. All I can control is how I teach my kids about ethics and respect. I hunt with a select few that believe the same as I. If people choose to hunt horns, good for them. They worked for their money to buy their tags, equipment so go have fun. I know I will...

• Like 7

its not the tape measures, its the followers on instagram and facebook. that the new measuring tape

And the first comment under every pic of a nice bull or buck is...."what does it score?"

I kind of disagree, I don't really know about hunting of the past but I have not ran into many bad people out in the sticks. In town and in mainstream camps heck ya but not while hunting. Everything is a game of inches, who doesn't want a big bad truck or car, who wouldn't want a big bad butt off shore boat, who wouldn't want a nice big wall tent for the family, when your fishing with the kids blue gill are great but when an unexpected 4 lb cat bites that's what the stories are about. Big bad guns , beautiful women , cars trucks it's all good, it's not like we are subsistence hunting here, big Bulls , big deer, big fish , it's what we work hard for, it's also the mature animals that are big so they did their job and passed on jeans and it's time.

With podcasts now and independent films I see better and better things happening. Yes there are some we won't like but for the most part funding , awareness, land conservation , are all growing.

• Like 5

Everything changes... Music, fashion, trucks, whatever. They older we get, the less we like how things are in the present. As I get older I find myself complaining about how things are. But in the end, I live in the best country in the world and no matter how much I can't stand certain things, as long as no laws are broken, they have a right to do whatever and hunt however they choose. All I can control is how I teach my kids about ethics and respect. I hunt with a select few that believe the same as I. If people choose to hunt horns, good for them. They worked for their money to buy their tags, equipment so go have fun. I know I will...

Well said thank you

its not the tape measures, its the followers on instagram and facebook. that the new measuring tape

And the first comment under every pic of a nice bull or buck is...."what does it score?"

I can't lie I pretty much only hunt for scores and am disappointed when I don't kill a giant, which is every single year of my hunting life so far but it's still a main reason I do it every year

• Like 1

It's all about "likes" "followers" and getting that prostaff status.

If you have Facebook, holy crap people can't tell the difference between a bobcat and jaguar.

What about the deer with the black tail being a hybrid!!!!!

• Like 2

I can't lie I pretty much only hunt for scores and am disappointed when I don't kill a giant, which is every single year of my hunting life so far but it's still a main reason I do it every year

Me too. My point is we can all tell a big bull/buck without a tape and calculator.

If I ever kill a giant I am going to take a bunch of pics wearing a flatty and a frown

• Like 2

whenever someone posts a giant buck and brags and gets 10,000 likes and pro staff calls magazines etc. just know this one thing............

just one little thing......

Beckers wife has probably killed something bigger. and will prob let do it again this year.

• Like 5