Sign in to follow this  
grizzly

signing in every time

For some reason my computer wont remember my ID when I get on the message board. I click the "remember me" box every time and its only been in the last month that its done this. I dont have this issue with any of the other boards that I frequent. Its not a huge deal but its definitely annoying.

You have to click the little box that says remember me?.....that or quit clearing out your cookies and it will remember you.

Coues7

I do click the little box but it doesnt work and I dont know how to clean a cookie or not clean a cookie, that is what I want to know.

I asked tech support about your problem and they suggested clicking on the Delete all cookies set by this forum link near the bottom right of the forum (but above where all the logged in users names are shown). Click on that and then log in again. Then try leaving the forum and coming back. See if it remembers you. And of course, make sure you have clicked the "remember me" box when you log back in after clearing those cookies.

Amanda

Same thing for me too.

I don't know why eaither.

:ph34r:

more D,

Try what tech support suggested above and let me know if it helps. Hopefully we will figure this out.

Also, if you guys can let me know what browser you are using, that might be helpful. AOL? Internet explorer? Firefox?

Amanda

I did try that and still the same result.......

The 'remember me' box only seems to remember my password.

I use Internet explorer.

thanks

I did try that and still the same result.......

The 'remember me' box only seems to remember my password.

I use Internet explorer.

thanks

Check your browser settings under TOOLS/Internet Options. Click the Security tab, then click on Custom Level and scroll all the way to the bottom under User Authentication. You should have one of the Automatic ones checked. -TONY

of the four available I have the second option picked which is an automatic one.

mine is the 2nd one too and the forum remembers me fine, so that's not the issue.

Tech support said they had some other options to try so I will let you know when I get those.

Amanda

of the four available I have the second option picked which is an automatic one.

Okay. The 2nd one is the one I use too.

I'm guessing it is still a browser setting somewhere since only a couple folks are having the problem. I'll see what else I can find. In the meantime, if you have the phishing filter turned on, uncheck it and try logging in here a couple times. If that doesn't help, turn it back on. -TONY