Sign in to follow this  
bobbyo

hunts in 35 and 34a

I was wondering if anyone hunted coues with a muzzleloader tag in 35s or 34A this year.

Bob

How is your scouting going? I have been out several times and have seen some bucks but nothing I would burn powder on. Are you guys hunting Couse or Carp?

How is your scouting going? I have been out several times and have seen some bucks but nothing I would burn powder on. Are you guys hunting Couse or Carp?

I have the 35 a-b tag and going to be hunting carp on the 14th. Haven't seen any shooters yet either.

I have the 35 a-b tag and going to be hunting carp on the 14th. Haven't seen any shooters yet either.

Carp for me too! I keep hearing about a couple of 175-180 class bucks in the area I am scouting but have yet to find them. Good luck to you guy's!

I was down this weekend and saw some nice carp! I will definatley burn powder on one of them if I can find him come Friday. Also saw 2 nice whitetails that would be a nice bag as well.

Wow you guys have planned the weather perfectly for your tag. I am jealous. The Mule's should be out, but don't overlook the WT.

Good Luck,

Bob

I have only been able to hunt Sunday, saw 7 bucks and countless does. I was only tempted once on a really cool 3x3 with a four inch kicker. He probably would net 140", but I think I would take him before a 150" deer. He is about 24 -25" spread and has great mass and long tines. I plan to be out more towards the end of the hunt. I am seeing a lot does without bucks and or seeing small bucks with does.

On Friday put up fourtyseven Muley does and seven WT's does...No bucks. Saturday saw seven bucks and twentytwo does. Found one shooter but the stalk was busted by an archery hunter. I'll be back on Wed., hopefully not as many people.

Merry Christmas

Well, it was a great hunt, but no harvest for me this year. We hunted a total of 14 days, and saw 96 Mule Deer Bucks. Of those 96, 13 were 4X4's but nothing over 160"'s. We were holding out for a 170+ buck, as we have seen them in there before.

I will be back down there in a few weeks to harvest a few of the 130+ coyotees we saw.

Well you can't shoot a big one if you shoot a smaller one. Way to stick with your goal. usually I start with high standards and revise down by the hour. "Boy that spike has charachter". Did you see any Coues?

Bob

On the last day of the hunt with three hours left I finally find a great buck. He was a 6x5, really tall, about 2" beyond his flaird ears and huge mass. The only problem, he was bedded in an impossible place to get a shot. I was unable to drop the hammer on him but I had a great hunt. Saw lot's of deer, several bob's, a bunch of yotes. All in all a good hunt, but not one I will do over again. Did anyone else get tired of that crappy road comming down from the lake?

I also ate my tag. Saw a lot of deer just nothing I wanted to squeeze the trigger on. I didn't see a lot of rut activity. I didn't see the oneI was after, a 5x7 that just never appearead. Saw a bunch of 4x4's, and 3x4's but just not the big one. I did see a nice 4x4 killed when somone driving down the road first thing in the morning and happened to see him off the road and shot him.

Does anyone know what Rincon Outfitters killed out there?