Sign in to follow this  
bigandy

tripod and pan head

I've been running a slik tripod and outdoorsman micro pan head and have had ZERO issues.

• Like 1

Whats your budget? I think that's the big thing. Also you wan a light weight tripod and sit and glass or something that you can stand and glass with? What kind of Tripod head do you like? I grew up using pan tilt heads and only recently switched to a fluid head. I've used a few and there really nice. I made the switch so I can Use it for filming but I like it for glassing a lot as well.

Im currently running a manfrotto 290 with the 701 head but will be getting the xpro when we get home from vacation.

I am currently runnin the promaster XC525 and the Benro S2 pan head. I got the tripod on amazon.com for 150$ came with the ball head, although its a little bit heavier than the carbonfiber promaster it was within my budget at the time and is super compact. I got the Benro S2 off of S&S Archery for 76$ shipped and in my opinion for that price it cant be beat.

No the benro is a pan head that i replaced the ball head with. I ran the ball head last year because i couldnt afford a pan head at the time (purchased new optics) the ball head it comes with is ok, you can get by with it but the pan head is much better.

Yes when you unscrew the stock ball head from the promaster tripod the benro will thread directly on.

More than welcome, its definitely a great setup for the price. Also worth noting that One of the legs on the promaster tripod is detachable and can be used as a monopod, trekking pole, tarp pole etc. Which is pretty cool and can save on weight.

Best of luck this season!

Awesome! Enjoy!