Sign in to follow this  
mattobertin

Last day 36B

36bwhitetail012.jpg Well I finally bagged a coues! It was the last day of the hunt and was trying to locate two bigger bucks that I saw disapear and bed down in a thick pocket with no avail, when my partner tells me he has a doe in the bino's. He was trying to explain to me where he saw the doe and I put my bino's up and saw a nice buck! To make a long story short I got up on a ridge about 400 yards from him and made a perfect shot! I know he is not a record book deer but what would you guys say he might score? I know these pics are'nt very good for scoring but I just want a rough estimate. He has pretty good mass that you can't really judge from these pics and I do not have any side pics of him until he comes back from the taxidermist.

36bwhitetail012.jpg Well I finally bagged a coues! It was the last day of the hunt and was trying to locate two bigger bucks that I saw disapear and bed down in a thick pocket with no avail, when my partner tells me he has a doe in the bino's. He was trying to explain to me where he saw the doe and I put my bino's up and saw a nice buck! To make a long story short I got up on a ridge about 400 yards from him and made a perfect shot! I know he is not a record book deer but what would you guys say he might score? I know these pics are'nt very good for scoring but I just want a rough estimate. He has pretty good mass that you can't really judge from these pics and I do not have any side pics of him until he comes back from the taxidermist.

36bwhitetail008.jpg

Congrats on your coues buck . Its hard to tell from these pics but , I'll go out on a limb and guess he is close to 70 .

Yeah I wish I had some better pics of the side view he is bigger than he looks in these pics but I was kinda guessing 70-80 as well. Thanks for all of your feedback!

Congratulations! Hard to say the score based on those pics, but the 70-80 inch estimates seem reasonable to me.

If you want to try your hand at scoring him, here is a link to the How To Score section on the website.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

Amanda

Thanks I would love to try and score him myself but will probably have to wait to get him back from the taxidermist! Thanks for the positive feedback from everyone I am still really excited and in awe to finally have a coues under my belt!