Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

Camping Help

Need some help with a good spot to camp during the December hunt. I've got a 36a tag and my best friend drew a 36c tag for the same time....we're either supposed to draw together or have only one tag between the two so we can hunt together. But guess we can't complain too much about our situation ;)

Anyway, does anyone know of a safe place to camp close to both units? I'm game to just put the trailer up right along Sasabe Hwy somewhere but he's a little hesitant of just camping anywhere down there with some of the stories we have heard. Any help would be appreciated.

Camp at the Caballo Loco RV Park, you will be safe there, and have electricity and hot water...

Need some help with a good spot to camp during the December hunt. I've got a 36a tag and my best friend drew a 36c tag for the same time....we're either supposed to draw together or have only one tag between the two so we can hunt together. But guess we can't complain too much about our situation ;)

Anyway, does anyone know of a safe place to camp close to both units? I'm game to just put the trailer up right along Sasabe Hwy somewhere but he's a little hesitant of just camping anywhere down there with some of the stories we have heard. Any help would be appreciated.

I would think that camping right next to the HWY would be your safest bet. I was just in 36B and the border patrol is thick on Arivaca road. Good luck on your hunt, I have seen some monster WT in 36A while pig hunting!

I was in Unit 36A for the Junior Deer hunt this year. Camped out both weekends, not really close to Unit 36C though. I saw no UDA's, but did see lots of sign.

There was lots of helo traffic, and there are plenty of Green&whites on the Arivaca road. Anywhere close to there should be ok, or as has been suggested use the Caballo Loco in Arivaca. Somewhere closer would be the loop that starts at 31° 36.78'N, 111° 23.69'W and comes out at 31° 37.60'N, 111° 24.86'W. This is within the Buenos Aires NWR and you must camp in the marked spots. A trailer can enter from the western end, the eastern end is a bit rough for a trailer. UDA's are more likely on the western end of that loop. There are also several camping spots close to the roads that enter the NWR farther west, but again UDA's seem more likely in the flatter country.

Good Luck, the deer are in there.

Thanks guys for your help.

Hunt 36c, get him to tag out. then both go to 36a and tag out there :D

Well that's sort of the plan. I'm going to help him out opening weekend and then head over to 36a during the week. He gets my help but I have to recruit others to help me :rolleyes: