Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Realization of how lucky we are all.

Tonight at work, I helped a very nice young man. He was "slow"(if this term is offensive, please forgive me as I do not know what else to say. PM me and I will edit/erase it), and had a obvious physical handicap. I assumed it to be a born tragedy. After talking to this bright eyed, always smiling young man, I found out that he was walking to class when he was younger (hes only 18 now) and was struck by vehicle while in a cross walk. He was minding his own business in a marked cross walk and got nailed by a car going 45 mph. I could see the scars, and could tell he had quite a battle for his life, which he won including one month of acoma. He had a passion to hunt, was telling me about his spike coues and two cow elk that he had taken before the accident. He still loves to hunt and asked me what rifle to buy and how to apply. He ended up leaving with a 7mm-08 and a copy of the regs to read.

This was a eye opener on how lucky we all are to be able to do what we love to do every day. Please do not take a day for granted that we are able bodied to be in coues,elk, even mule deer country!

Pretty sure I know the "boy" you're talking about. GREAT kid!

A friend of mine is in the hospital right now - triple bypass. He is lucky, he'll recover. Yes, everyday we have on this Earth is a blessing. There are too many unfortunate events that happen everyday. Some of us are lucky......I'm not sure how else to say it.