Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Gun smith recommendation

The guy down at dons sport shop is pretty good i hear.

Call Ron Sega. I hear very good things about his gunsmithing abilities. And please make sure you heard about him here on CouesWhitetail.com. If you go to his store, you can also see the leupold scope and range finder that he and Leupold are donating to our Coues Buck Contest.

Amanda

here is the text of the link that redrabbit posted above.

Hi All,

When we announced the Coues buck contest and prizes, I mentioned that Ron Sega of AZ Guns Etc in Chandler was making a donation to the contest (Leupold rifle scope and range finder). In addition to that, he was offering all CouesWhitetail.com members a 12% discount on all accessories as well as $25 off any guns purchased at his store.

Has anyone taking a trip to his store? What did you think? Did you get anything?

I would really like to see some members benefitting from this offer and also to see Ron get some business after making such a generous donation to the contest.

Ron provides some great service with customizing guns as well as just about anything you need for your guns. Ron has been in business for 20 years in Chandler, AZ (near Alma School and Warner). Go visit his store and see what he can do for you!

give him a call, he is easy to talk to. 480-963-4311

Or visit his website:

http://www.azgunsetc.net/home_.html

I think he must have more stuff in his store than is listed on his website, so if you don't see what you want online, give him a call and see if he has it in stock or can get it for you.

Amanda

Thanks for the recommendation. The only problem though is that I am in the far north valley and would like to find somebody a little closer. He sounds like he would be a great gunsmith to work with though. David

David, perosnally, with what he has done for the site and donated to the contest, I would do the little bit longer drive to see what he has to offer.

I think I have to run out to Bass Pro on Wednsday, so maybe I could run down to his shop and see what he can do for me. David

With the price of gas and diesle right now who can aford to run anyplace very far from home. :angry:

I didn't realize Brunos was still around. I used to buy my reloading supplies from them. They are only a couple miles north of me. I need a barrel cut down about 6 inches, and then rethreaded to accept my Boss system. My rifle is a Browning a bolt. I also wanted to see if my barrel is thick enough to have it fluted. David

I didn't realize Brunos was still around. I used to buy my reloading supplies from them. They are only a couple miles north of me. I need a barrel cut down about 6 inches, and then rethreaded to accept my Boss system. My rifle is a Browning a bolt. I also wanted to see if my barrel is thick enough to have it fluted. David

I don't think that Lester will do anything other than rebarrel bench guns now that Gary has left his shop. It's not in Phoenix, but I'd strongly consider Dan Pedersen in Prescott ( www.cutrifle.com) as barrels are his specialties. He'd be able to tell you over the phone if you'd be able to flute it or not, and costs, etc. Everything I've had Dan do for me has been top notch, not to mention that he's a great guy.

good luck,

Schmitty