Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Lake Powell Houseboat Rentals

Anyone recommend a website for prices and availbility. Looking for one that can accommodate about 12 adults in the summer of 2019. I found one website and it lists the boats but everytime I pick a date it comes up empty.

It would be nice if when I choose a month it would just show available dates so I could get an idea of prices.

Used to be owned by airmark I think, I used to guide groups years ago when I was fishing. I would book and pay everything including food and folks would just show up and pay me. Really fun trips with family too. I used to go in October when the rates drop for winter season, otherwise it was really pricy. I still get past clients emails to see if I still put those on. Let us know what you find.

• Like 1

Yes Lakepowell.com is the really the only legal way to really rent a houseboat on Powell. Aramark is the licensed concessioner still. See below.

Q. Why can't I rent a private houseboat on the lake?

A. The rental concession on the lake is handled by a single professional concessionnaire for a good reason. The concessionaire must take on the cost and responsibility of many environmental and management concerns at the lake. Dock maintenance, waste and utilities management, recycling efforts and improvements are largely handled by the concessionaire. The investment here is in the hundreds of millions of dollars and is repaid under contract with the revenues created through rentals, restaurants, etc.

A legal alternative to renting a houseboat is "buying" a houseboat - or buying a share of a houseboat. Commonly (and erroneously) referred to as a time-share, a shared-ownership boat can be a rewarding and luxurious way to enjoy Lake Powell as from 4 to 26 different owners share in the upkeep, storage and enjoyment of a top-quality boat.

• Like 1

Yes, at the end of the trip you fill up and oil up and they charge for that then. Price is high on both so be ready. Also if you run up lake like we did you'll have to get fuel up there too. Also make sure you have a 2nd mate you trust, big boat and it's not easy in the slips and dual docks if your not used to it. 2 motors drive independent and it's a big sail in the wind.

• Like 1